Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: People leaving sysopt are idiots

Ultimate Member
    I do agree with Steve that it's not appropriate to post the same message over and over, but I strongly disagree with the way it was handled.

Moderating is a delicate job, and the learning curve is steep (at least it is/was for me), so if Steve is responsible for that particular edit, I'm willing to be a little more understanding. If however, it came from someone not previously involved in THESE forums, but who claims to have previous experience managing "online communities", then I stand by my statement that these "guys can't run a discussion forum"

I have toned down the language somewhat in my last message (see edits above) to provide for the possibility that this was simply a judgement error, not a blatant attempt to decieve.

Steve:

I hope you won't be following in the footsteps of that DISGUSTING beginner.

Haven`t you guys got anything better to do than try to keep this war going?

It may be that internet.com will trash this site or maybe not. Fact is that they own it and they can do what they want with it. Scott sold it to them and they OWN it, lock stock and barrel. You have a new home for the community you so strongly support so untie the knot in your knickers, be happy and enjoy it!

Continuing the battle doesn`t serve any constructive purpose.

Eraser

Over/Out

All good things must come to an end.

It's been a pleasure serving with you all.

Death to the deleterz!

cedar2, if you are referring to me, I do not consider this a war. I am trying my best to be impartial.

I have requested an explanation from both parties involved, and so far have not heard from Gus/Internet.com. Apparently the money that is generated from my hits to this site is the only thing of importance to them.

I received a lengthy and sincere email from Scott. So I'm afraid that's the only side from which to form my opinion.

I am not flaming anyone, and I obviously do not have a propensity for the herd mentality, or I'd be gone by now. I do want the truth about what's happened here and the circumstances involved. As a member of the community I feel I deserve it. If it's none of my business, which it seems to be by tacit agreement, I'll be moving on.

Ultimate Member
    Steve - hopefuly this will be a learning experience for you and other future mods here. If you edit a post - and you must, at times, - let it be known why by leaving a message in it's place, or at the bottom if you're just editing out something inappropriate. And don't delete an entire post due to one word, just X it out.
    Same holds true for moving topics.

That alone will make your job easier by not inciting anger in a member, which results in more hostile words, which may then need to be tended by a mod...and if that's not done properly...
    It snowballs. Bigtime. Seen it at other forums.

In Housen's topic, he mentions 45 mods at one of those sites! Forty-Five!!
    How could you control the mods??

Until around a year or so ago, this entire site had ONE moderator - Socalgal. Then Mntsnow became a mod as well. Hundreds of posts daily, and they handled it excellently w/o other help needed. Partly because if anything was amiss, the members jumped on the offender and alerted a mod. Done it myself, many times.
    Now, would I have done that for a mod who had EVER offended me? Not a chance!!
    ======

I'm particulary upset that the flaviO's edited post shows no sign of the edit. Guess I'm naive, (or spoiled) but I've never seen that done before & didn't know it was even possible! I've always had confidence that my posts would stay as I intended them, and that what I read was written by the user who's name appears...
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Well this was a silly thread for Mr "get a life" to start. Until now I had no idea of the goings on,woops.

Just signed up to the other site,l8ter.