Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: People leaving sysopt are idiots

OK ladies and gents, this is "get a life's" only post at SysOpt. I doubt he/she will be back

Steve, with all due respect, this person does not sound like an outsider. Despite the zero post count I think it is someone we know. Whoever it was sure shot themselves in the foot if they are really trying to make people stay.

yeah,, but you never know who you know nowadays..

I think get a life is just wishful thinking..

Ultimate Member krusty the klown's Avatar
    Originally posted by U-96

must be real hard typing in the dark, what with your head stuffed so far up your @rse

U-96

ROFLMAO - such a way with words

You know sysopt has been a great site. I don't post much but do lurk and I'm still reading the topics to see if I can piece together what has happened and think I now understand. Socialgal was a great mod and person. I can't see new owners doing away with old members though that has kept the board going. Good mods can do that. From what I've been reading... are posts also getting deleted? This is beginning to look a lot like epeople did after No Wonder sold out and now it's belly up because they choose to ignore their members. I haven't gotten any pop up ads though as I see some of you are talking about.

I also don't appreciate being called stupid by anyone so get a life if some members were opting to go to both boards I think you just helped them make up their minds to go where people normally respect people and not name call and people do get acquainted with each other just by posting so in a sense you do become a family. I know it's that way at the boards I'm a mod on. Would be a crush to lose someone you've gotten used to being around when you go visit a board and I looked for socialgal when I came here.
    some days your the dog, some days your the hydrant

Dumb Laws

c

Crikey Moses. what is happening here, this is the first time i have been here in a while, but i just dont recognise this place - So much animosity its unreal, i thought i could dish it out a bit, but you guys take the biscuit. i sincerely hope that things return to normal.
    SHAME THERE IS NOT A WEEPY FACE, EH.

would any one care to enlighten me as to the address of the other site so i could check it out for myself.

Thanks BUMTY

BUMTY, YGPM. BTW, is that BUMTY pronounced with an umpty?

My post was edited above and replaced with a smiley.

Fsckers.

What I said was:

Don't trust this Housen or internet.com for a second!

This is a bad man. He single-handedly ruined the forums at Hardware Central and Sharky's. The community is gone.

Any and all posts that are slightly off-topic are deleted, you can't laugh, have friends, or even congratulate anyone for anything.

I was a long time member and a mod at HWC when he came around and all I can tell you is whatever happens with SysOpt forums next is going to be BAD!

I even still have a thread saved from the mods private forum at HWC where the new admins said they din't care about the members because they could alway get new ones.

I'm warning you now.

What happened to my favorite site? It feels dead. Have I been gone so long or is everything really that different? As it feels...

Ultimate Member
    Wow flavi0 IMO, what they just did is the single worst instance of censorship I've seen in these forums .... EVER.

Not only did they delete your original message, they replaced it with "smiley face", which totally changes the intended message you wanted to convey. That's the most blatent abuse of power I've EVER seen in a discussion Forum.

WHOEVER DID THAT USED VERY POOR JUDGEMENT!!! It is totally uncouth to intentionally edit someones comments to impart a message that is exactly the opposite of what the person intended!

If there was any doubt that you guys can't run a discussion forum.... THERE ISN'T NOW!
    Last edited by Fingers; 10-17-2001 at 09:15 AM.

Former volunteer
    No it's not that different, it just changed URLs. Sysopt.com ceased to exist at some point, which is too gradual to actually pinpoint.

Censorship is never cool. If you continue to censor the public, your site will fall. Treat it with indignant unprofessionalism like the above admin did (it was an admin since there is no "last edited by" which leaves one of 3 people. I bet noone has the guts to admit it. Communist admins lurking in the shadows.) and this site will not survive. You cannot block 1000 users IP blocks from this site to block all the angry patrons of this site which we once called home.

We did not contain this site for 6 years with censorship and it has survived alot of things. Now I see what bad moderation can do and why internet.com's other sites have failed so miserably since being handed over. It doesn't take alot of experience to ruin a site, it just takes this level of immaturity and bad business sense. Your actions show how you have absolutely NO IDEA of how to run a web site and internet.com definately fired the WRONG people!!!

You guys promised alot and all you did was lie.
    Last edited by daveleau; 10-17-2001 at 01:27 AM.

Fingers and daveleau, thank you for your concerns. The member in question posted the exact same message three times in the same forum. This is not allowed->Never has been, never will be.

If you would like to discuss this further with me, feel free to contact me at:

srjones@attglobal.net

Sincerely,
    Steve

So Steve put a smiley up where my post used to be?

I didn't think 3 times was excessive, considering the importance.

I'll try to vary my posts a liitle next time.

So does that mean I can't say "lol" in 3 threads? Maybe use rotflmao or roffle?

Steve, no offense but that's pretty weak. This was not explained until someone called you on it (or called whoever edited the post). If this was the real reason, some type of explanation should have been left in place of a smiley face.