Thread: new team

new team

Someone jumped the gun and created a techimo team, so the move isn't going to be as easy.

Everyone is now going to have to individually go to the techimo team page and enter their e-mail address to "join the team" if that's what you want to do.

Several already have, that's the reasom in the negative number in DP's

See ya there!

EDIT > If you're an inactive member of the ECCP Team and would like to move to the techimo team, please feel free to do so!

I agree that that might not be a good thing. Now any inactive people or those who may only dump once every few weeks, might not no what is going on. It is doubtful every person on SysOpt will take time to switch teams, expecially if they aren't doing DC anymore.

Me and my 1000 DPs will see y'all at TechIMO.
    Last edited by jened; 10-12-2001 at 10:30 AM.

Randy, if you feel a rename is what is preferred please send a message to Chris requesting that he do so. The action would contradict the desires of some within our team, but it's your call.

I created the team 'TechIMO' based on our own forum feedback. The underlying thought being that we did not want to move a team member's points without their permission.
    Last edited by RC; 10-12-2001 at 10:18 AM.

One reason to start out with just a rename is because it is simplest. If it ends up not working, it can just as easily be undone... no harm done.

Having a new team makes it difficult to keep from splintering the group. I consider it a last option ONLY.

After reading Ragtop's post yesterday on the TechIMO forum I began to reflect on my experience with the SO/TA fiasco. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that Ragtop is correct.

Some team member's have a very strong bond with the team name of their group. Changing the name tends to send them into an uproar. I speak from experience, although I don't share their point of view.

As of noon, we only have 18 members that have changed their team affiliation. However, it's only 10:00 AM on the west coast.

If someone such as Randy that has been with the team since the beginning wants to request a name change, I personally have no problem with it.

Its going to take a few days for everybody to figure out what has happened, and make the decision to change teams. Only 18 have moved, but its only been a matter of hours since the team was formed. And those 18 people represent over half of the team's points.

We'll probably lose a bunch of points from inactive members, and a few who just decide to stay with SysOpt - but I think at least 90% of the points will move. This project is going to take at least a couple years to complete, so this loss of points will probably be pretty insignificant in the long run.

I went ahead and moved as well.

viz
    Last edited by viztech; 10-12-2001 at 06:49 PM.

I've got some DP waiting for the dump on the 22nd (is that still on? I'm on TechIMO).
    This will all be over before you can say Cat in a Hat.

22nd is still a go