Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: durons use 300w power supply only?

durons use 300w power supply only?

does anyone know if amd's duron and thunderbirds have to be 300 watts or can i use my old 250w case?

A friend of mine uses his 250w PS with his Duron so I say it will work but just to be safe, use a 300 or more power supply.!
    Of course, since you already have the 250w one, try it and if it doesn't give you any problems, stay with it.!

have been using 250w PS on duron 850 with writer, DVD, EQ and 250 zip without a problem

One of my system at work is a Duron 650Mhz and it's running on a generic 250W. Been running that way for over a year now. It's got 2 X 30GB HDD's, CDRW, Bay Cooler, and not a single problem!

Duron 650 running with a 107Mhz FSB had occasional problems, been perfect at 106Mhz though. My PCPartners mobo has no multiplier overclock so shall have to do anything else manually and haven't yet bothered!

I have a 250W supply with DVD, CDRW, 30Gb HDD, 340Mb HDD, AGP, PCTV, NIC and 2nd Parallel cards.

Soooo, yes it should work!

i built a system for my cousin with a duron 900 using cheapy 250w psu. no problems at all. he was not, however ever likely to attempt overclocking it. sorry but i cant remember the motherboard. Fry's special combo package. generic soundcard, tnt2, generic modem, 2 ide devices, winme

[This message has been edited by dadofnoah (edited 08-10-2001).]

I burned up a 250W PSU with a Duron 900@1100,
    HD,Zip drive,CD-RW,CD-Rom,GeForce2,4 PCI cards,3 system fans, and 2 case fans. I now run a 300w without any problems.

wow some of you guys are madmen. glad to hear no ones house burnt down yet. hehe. thanks for all the input. i think i'll just use my old 250w case. thanks again.

Ultimate Member
    Here's a link where you can check the Official AMD reccomendation for Power Supplies.
    http://www1.amd.com/athlon/power

I would imagine that they left in a factor for 2 hard drives, 2 cd devices, 2 floppy devices, HD coolers, case fans, cpu fans etc

So use your judgement, I've used a 145 watt on a Athlon 550 with NO probs, and Only 1 HD, 1 CD-ROM, 1 Floppy and 1 CPU fan

DrVette

[This message has been edited by Richard_Cranium72 (edited 08-13-2001).]

Ultimate Member
    Maybe i'm just blind... but, Where is that link???

-Ramon

yeah that link would be good please, I got a 200w ps for my T-bird 800

I would like to know if 32MB Savage4 AGP Video Card works to AMD DURON 900MHZ. I got a combo today:Epox 8kta2 & AMD boxed DURON900MHz. $99 @ Frys.

Thanks in advance.

My old boss had a T-bird 1200 with 250 watt PS, and a cheep one at that. It's a good thing he deals mostly with budget machines.

But think that some of the slower Athlons have 250 watt power suplies recomened by AMD, but only by better PS makers.

I did have my 750 Duron with a 250 Enlight, and it was fine.

KMA

Ultimate Member
    Thanks Jad, sometimes a few neurons misfire and I forget where I left my walker

On the day I posted that, I HAD AMD's site pulled up and went to siphon a quart of Geritol outt my 55gl drum and totally forget where I put the jumpers on my motherboard, the Front Side Bus of the Packard Bell 1030 rev.1 can be set from 66, 75, 83, and 100mhz when you run out of oil in your Packard with a Flat Head 173cu in Flat Head V-8 often times a wrap of 0.15" Lead/tin Babbit will keep you from having to change the Crankshaft ,, however if the fence charger voltge is too high, the insulators will not keep the line current from leaking to ground causing a loss of protection, if this happens contact the condom manufacturer and demand a replacement. Be sure to include the defective product,, as starter replacements are difficult to hold water when the concrete mixture does not have sufficient quantities of Calcium Hypochlorite. The drying time of concrete varies depending upon temperature, ground moisture and several other factors. In case of a total loss of cooing water to the reactor core, a emergency dump of the Baruim powder is mandatory to keep core temperatures below 1725F, if this temperature is exceeded, then the lower containment walls may be comprimised leading up to the situation called the China Syndrome. If this occurs then only massive flooding of Heavy Water enriched with Salts of Calciumpermangiate to keep further reaction from exceding rated vessel temperatures/pressure limitations. Given the odds that the vessel ruptures then the seawater contacting the boilers will most certainly cause a steam explosion and all passengers must immediately abandon ship. Only the captain has the official capacity to call this order on the horn. All c