I kid you not. Before I write this post I'm going to divulge something--I'm one of the lead editors at Van's Hardware (www.vanshardware.com). I do not claim to be unbiased or totally objective in the following.

In the last six months, numerous websites have collapsed--among them, Tweakfiles, 3Dfiles, and VoodooExtreme. Others, such as Anandtech and Tom's Hardware have drastically changed how they do business in order to remain solvent. Times are drastic.

There are a large number of sites which have begun asking for donations--Van's Hardware is among them. Others include amdzone.com and I know Tweak3d.net has asked people to click their banner ads.

When you see these requests, please don't dismiss them--or just wait for someone else to do something. Tech sites need money--and we need it badly. So please, take a moment and visit these sites--take a look at Van's Hardware or Amdzone.com--and if you feel they are worht a dollar or two, please send it along. I realize one of the sites I named was my own, but believe me, its not the only site out there worth the buck.

To you, it's a dollar--but to us, its the only thing keeping us functional right now.

Just give it some thought.