Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where did my Farewell Post go?

Sucker punch?

lol, you still have a job don't you? Think about how my day-after-Christmas 2000 went when I discovered SysOpt had been sold to internet.com.

No, you don't have my pity.

Sucker punch, indeed!

Interesting, gvenditto.

Yes, business is business. You will find, though, that some conduct business better than others, and a large part of service businesses (which this is) is customer satisfaction and public relations. Those who repeatedly raise the ire of customers do not survive.

The PR has pretty much been squashed now by your/internet.com's antics and less-than professional moves. I don't blame people for being mad or for posting all they can about the other site.. they're hoppin' mad. The overwhelming majority of them are absolute professionals (policing not only their own conduct, but others as well) and that is why this board wasn't a pile of flame wars and punks writing stupid messages filled with profanity.

That leads to customer satisfaction. There is not much this site could provide that DOZENS AND DOZENS of other sites (most not owned by Internet.com) couldn't provide. In fact, sysopt.com has never been on the cutting edge "hear it here first" kind of news (the news, freatures, reviews section, etc), unless a member brought it up. I usually ignored the headlines and articles, because they were usually stale, and the forums held all of the practical knowledge and experience.

Sysopt.com's members were by far its greatest asset, the very core of its existence. You can deny it all you like, as it is your job to do so and put on a smiling face for the public, but you know the score. It's probably all downhill from here for sysopt.com.

Sure, you have a lot of members still, but the technical core members that really make the board what it was are now gone, with more following every day. Your content will suffer, and in the internet world, that's the kiss of death.

In other words, say goodbye to customer satisfaction and free and constantly changing (and challenging) content.

It doesn't matter how much faster your annoying ad servers are now if they'll only be seen by a fraction of the people they 'served' before.

I have no problem with companies making money (or individuals), and making "tough decisions", but there are acceptable/honorable ways of doing things, and then there are unacceptable ways of doing things. I think you're beginning to get the picture of how public opinion has perceived what has transpired.

Also, censoring and deleting threads?

All you are doing is making people even angrier and more determined. Not to mention offending those who value free speech.

You said it yourself.. if they create a good site (and they have) then people will find their way to it. Agreed. But if you are so positive that Sysopt.com will be "...better than ever." (direct quote from you), regardless of who leaves why are you so worried about people posting other links (despite your attempts at censorship)?

And if you are deleting some links, you should consistently delete them all. Or keep them all.

You can't have it both ways and maintain this site's (and your own) credibility.

I wish you luck, and certainly no ill will (life is too short for that), but I will have to allow myself to smirk when I come back and visit the hollow shell that was once Sysopt.com.

who is gvenditto? who chose him to be a mod here?

also why did mntsnow lose his admin rights? im sorry to say this but you can unregister me!

In this case, the former owner is trying to steal the community.
    no, Scott has not been trying. all efforts have been by the members of Sysopt!

JaYsin

Former volunteer
    Sucker punched my *****

I have spent the better part of 2 years on this site and the sucker punch came when I learned that the heart and soul of this site had been removed. The person that made this forum, and in the last month single-handedly changed the forum over, doubled traffic, built the news submission, built the OC database, built the benchmark database was laid off. With him went his volunteer staff that had worked for hm because we liked him and what he did for this site. Business is business, but stupidity is just that as well. Internet.com has done nothing but hold this site back adn inevitably destroyed it.

I have done all I can to push this site on other forums in the past. Well guess what, I am at another site now, thanks to you and will do all I can to push it here and at other forums as well.

You get no pity. You will also get no email from me until an aology is rendered for the way we were discarded like we had nothing to do with this site.
    Mntsnow, Socalgal, Fingers, NDC, RobRich and me were all volunteers. We were the entire staff under Scott. All I can say is good luck with your other sites. Sysopt has effectively moved, because Sysopt was not about the name, it was about the community it harbored. Now it is ripe with censorship and admins who lurk behind the shadows.

First US against the Taliban and now this????
    Whoa....!!!!

Bye bye..!!

( I think I'm saying good bye in all Threads??? Why??)
    eagle1 signing off.....

Did I miss something?
    What happened to Sysopt? I haven't really posted, except for just checking what everyones opinion on the whole Taliban situation is...

I come back and suddenly there is a new admin, and all of the old admins (Good friends of course) aren't admins..

Someone care to explain please? Because right now i'm pretty much stumped...

Guess what? You can d@mn well scratch my user name of the f**king list. Because I ain't coming back. SO LONG!!!!! The guys who said this isn't about sysopt, it's about the comunity - yup, they're right. Thus my final message to sysopt: <^>

gvenditto, all you did with the censorship/filter is pissed off a group of highly-intelligent technical people. Exactly the last group of people you want to **** off, esepecially since WE are your customers and visitors.

I really appreciate the allowing of that URL in the community forum, and am saddened that some people have started to abuse that ability already.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 10-11-2001 at 04:22 PM.

MiKe85

To make a long story short, Internet.com fired everyone, Scott has no position, he started a new website and everyone is going there.

Look at my avatar.

As an Honorary Senior member, you must make an example of yourself to the youngin's and make a post, requesting your self destruction in my thread.

Warthog

Man...

this guy screwed up the place faster than uncle bens minute rice..

<---- go to www.techimo.com

TechIMO Chick
    I said I wouldn't post here again, but truly this is my last one.

I just wanted to say that I echo 200% of what DAVELEAU posted. There is NO WAY I could have said it better!

Adios, Sysopt. Ver usted a www.techimo.com, muchachos y muchachas.
    Last edited by Socalgal; 10-11-2001 at 06:21 PM.

Sucker punched?
    Vaya con dio socal, voy soon.

Hawkeye178
    Hawkeye178
    www.techimo.com

BYE

Sucker punched???

I think some of us can arrange that...

ooooops...... Did I say that out loud??? I guess you are going to delete my user now... **** and I was hoping to stay...
    Eat Drink and be Merry..
    Z.

Originally posted by MrMikeL
    Gus,

You are such a LOSER, with a capital L. Sysopt used to be an open community where one can share ANYTHING without fear of censorship (unless warranted to keep the peace). You have overstepped a basic freedom which will NOT be tolerated. Have you noticed that you have already lost over 1,000 registered members since yesterday? How long before no one is left??

Lets keep a daily post of the current count of registered users. I will LOVE to watch it plummet!
    Wow. Finally something me & MrMike can agree on.