Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where did my Farewell Post go?

WTF? I turn around and suddenly find that SysOpt is not SysOpt anymore? Holy shmokes. Well, i will be joining the crowd at Tech!mo.com

I deleted it.

I don't have any problems with people saying goodbye but I do have a problem with people using this forum to launch a competitive business.
    Competitive? What ever! What you did was rude! Sysopt will always belong to Scott!!!! He founded it and made it what it was!
    What you did was sooooooooooooooo wrong!!!!!!!

Former volunteer
    i think intenet.com's new theme song should be "It's all about the Benjamins".

the former owner is trying to steal the community
    Gus, that ranks as one of the most preposterous comments I have ever heard. You're completely and utterly missing the point. Scott was SysOpt. SysOpt wasn't just yet another hardware site; it was inextricably Scott's hardware site.

www.sysopt.com is merely a URL. The community grew around Scott and his team, not a URL.

You may have bought the URL, you may have bought the database and software, but you did not buy the community.

It may come as an entirely new concept to you, but you can't buy communities. Communities form around a personality. Wherever that personality goes, whatever URL he may change to, the community goes with him.

Gus, communities aren't a commodity you can buy and sell on the stock market. If you seriously think that by buying a URL, you also bought the community that once visited it, you urgently need psychiatric help.

Well, I used to always come here for mntsnow's and Joe's great words of technical advice, but I guess Sysopt will finally be deleted out of my favorites, as I wish you will do the same with my user name!

So I don't have to beat around the bush, just delete my username also.

I never thought I would say this, but SYSOPT SUCKS!

Later loser!

WHAT THE MOTHER CRAPPER!?!?!?!

I never thought i'd say this, but i'd rather be at The Computer Mechanics site then this **** hole, what a bunch of chicken fried ****-on-a-stick this is!!!

When I first found this site i thought it was great, but now Iam with the majority, and I'm packing my bags and getting the heck out and moving over to the new site, cya.
    T-bird 1.2ghz, 512mb pc-133, Radeon 64mb DDR, 30 gig 7200rpm Ibm Deskstar, Lg 8x4x32, KDS 19" Monitor, Sound Blaster Live Value with Cambridge Sound Works FPS 1800

Ultimate Member
    Could u guyz do me a favor? Plz delete my account cause i wouldn't want to take any of your precious space on that server of yours. U guyz might be able to buy the name but you can't by the people. What we will find is a bunch of employees having countless accounts acting like they have a "community". Well so long...i'm outta here...dunt matter to ya'll tho...a stuck up admin...what a nice addition to a dead community
    Last edited by jl123; 10-11-2001 at 10:38 PM.
    ~Joel

Way To Go Gus.
    Last edited by charmler; 10-12-2001 at 12:50 AM.

You know, This place used to be the best. Kinda felt like home. Now here I stand with the carpet bieng pulled from under me, all my friends bieng kicked out the front, back and side door. Now really, why would I want to stay? The new web site looks good, feels good, and most of all its really starting to feel like HOME. It might be in a different neighborehood, but its where all the people I trust are. My friends.
    That burning smells not my computer... IS IT??

What the f..k?

Just was away for a day founding a rather quit tech. supp. forum. I was like the only one posting. Now I understand why!!!
    All those good guys, who helped hundereds of people, have left!!

Don't like the attitude of this Gus guy. Changing venditto in vendetta!!

I shall take a peek at the techIMO site and will make a decission off my own. But there is a good chance I go there and stay there.

SEE YA........

A really sad day on the internet

A little over two years ago, I found this site quite by accident. Being a person who likes to tinker with mechanical and electronic things , I soon was caught up in the hustle and bustle of computers , overclocking, Cd copying. A whole new and wondrous world had opened up to me. At 54 , I was a kid agian with a new toy and many playmates eager to help and build that self confidence that only comes thru sincerity and friendship. Ed-S saw me thru my fist overclock. Mr C contributed much to my first bios flash( biting my nails the whole time) Socalgal has become a good frind who I admire highly. And all the others who have given respect and consideration for point of veiw on matters no matter how offbeat or sometimes antagonistic they may have been. You buy, you sell , you share your feelings and get into eachothers lives even more so , in some instances than on a face to face level. Now where has this all gone and how long did it take to happen?? Not being childish I do not feel I have to rant and rave about the current situation. Not participating in this as I have before, though I'm not hanging up my membership because ,I'm sure , there are many here I still consider friends and don't want to lose their friendship, but my presense here will be on much more limited nature due to aire and the political enviornment that now exists here at Sypopt's. It may change in the future but I'm not holding my breath. I wish the new management "Best of Luck" and ya'll be nice to one another. PEACE

the pickel
    Believe in yourself, and stand up for what you believe!!

Ultimate Member

totolly disgusted

Wow, that's pretty fricken incredible, deleting posts, censoring, and most of all, deleting our friendly mods accounts without fair warning and notice.

Very very unprofessional. How do you live with yourself and look into the mirror every morning?!?!

I've bumped into this place a while ago as well, back in 1997 I believe it was. I must say, it "was" one of the most professionally conducted forum, and maintained a highly technical and knowledgeable staff/members of all forums I've ever ran into. Sad to see its name stepped on like this. But fear not, the "core" users have left in disgust in notice of this "event".

Seeing how you like to delete people's accounts, you might as well add me to the list.

Farewell Sysopticians, see you at the other side.
    Plucky

Ultimate Member
    Well, seeing as how internet.com seems to now be powered by someone with an ACME-TECH education and business relations skills that do not exceed a Grade 4 level - This isn't all very suprising. There were (and are) other, more professional, as well as intelligent ways to deal with this. An intelligence that most certainly isn't being shown by internet.com and/or staff.

Disappointing, to say the least.

... - Brandon