View Poll Results: Should we move to the new site?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 84.21%
  • No

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UD CANCER PEOPLE!!!!

UD CANCER PEOPLE!!!!

Ok, Ive read some posts and got a couple PM asking what the fate of the team is right now. Well this is a team so I ask that it is a Team Deciscion. Do we want to go or stay? A simple Yes or No will surfice for your answer but feel free to word your opinions for and explination if you feel it is needed.

-: phenious :-

Please Explain....

Huh? It's really early this morning and I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Where are we going or staying? Please rephrase the question. ....time for some coffee....

Shawn
    --
    Shawn Sonnentag
    IRIX/Linux System Administrator
    ...oh, and Windoze too...

Randy's Thread should help::

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...threadid=87063

Second::

Scott was released due to lack of funds (i belive) and he formed a new site. http://techimo.com ( Tech in My Opinion ) The question is should we leave Sysopt and move to the new board and site or should we stay.

Alo, Input from everybody even non-cancer people is appriciated but I put the poll and topic as I was being asked alot.

Personally I'm for officially moving to the new site. Sysopt is a great site but I joined for the community and now that community is moving. The forum over there is set up just like the one here so you would feel right at home. Also if you have a large quantity of posts, Scott has offered to transfer your post count to the new site if you wish.

Just my opinion

IMO the team should go to *******, I joined for the community and thats where all the good folks will be.
    Confuscious once say: Passionate kiss like spiders web : Leads to undoing of fly.

Alright this maybe my last post but hey.... IM NOT GOING TO BE PUSHED AROUND AND HAVE MY THREADS EDITED BY PEOPLE OTHER THEN ME JUST FOR BUSSINESS!

Sorry if this offends anyone but that was a great thing about Sysopt at one point in time. There were great mods and the board didnt take ****. I would prolly get kicked or somthing in a heart beat for posting this but it was for my post not because I posted saying Hey heres a new board.

Please, I Vote for the Move. and the rest?

Check This Out

the ******* is actually " t e c h i m o" with out the "" and spaces if you wish to see what we are talking about

-: dead phenious :-
    Last edited by phenious; 10-11-2001 at 03:08 PM.

Voted

OK, my vote has been cast. Now, on with the move already!

Shawn
    --
    Shawn Sonnentag
    IRIX/Linux System Administrator
    ...oh, and Windoze too...

Sounds good... gonna give about 2 more days for others to vote incase they missed this poll....

Very true Aaron_j & Brydon. Anyone can get a vbulletin website and hang their shingle on it, but it's the community that distinguishes one from another.

I will wait and see how things shake out, and how the quality of sysopt and techimo changes.

pcmech007

ps - Phenous, if we do go, do you know how to contact everyone on the team? I don't ever see some team members post and we shouldn't leave them wondering why the clubhouse isn't there anymore. Maybe start a check list of members that know what's going on?

I plan to post info in the Team Discription on the stats page as I cant find every ones E-mail on the team... I hope and think they will see it also... there is no support.... from what I read the Admins have been locked out and they are all gone

Hey, I'm already there!
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Micron 256mb pc-133 cas 3
    Maxtor 40gb ATA-133 7200rpm
    Visiontek GeForce4 Ti 4200 agp
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro

Unless I get some more posts in they NAY section I plan to make the move late tommarow if I can get them to Add UD THINK to the DC forum in TechIMO. The people who voted No can you please explain your self? I will Post my Reasons for Yes shorlty!

I don't understand what this post is about. My guess is that it involves the distributed computing team from reading the forum header but what does the "UD CANCER PEOPLE!!!" refer to? I know some people are distressed about that law suit down south and the lack of support Nugget has displayed (please excuse spelling) and how the SysOpt DC Team seemed to be experiencing a lack of direction since then but does that mean everyone should bail? Are you serious? Me and my whole ten posts think that this is a very extreme measure hence this question, what is going on? I like this site and the support it provides to people who need help so a little clarification would be nice. I hope I do not ruffle any feathers with my ignorance.

Thanks,

AL

OK, I just read Caddmannq's post so now I think I know what is going on. I guess I'll be getting the flock out of here too.

See ya,

AL

aldtech

Dont worry you can keep all 14 posts while your at it