Thread: Farewell Sysopt.

Ultimate Member

Farewell Sysopt.

Dear Sysopt (and Sysopt Members):

Where do I start? If I had an online community of friends--a virtual street where I went to hang out--this would be it.

I have learned more from this website then I can ever tell, from the polite, always informative posts of Peter Missel (I HOPE I spelled that right) to the humor from Warthog and Socalgal, to my cousin Mr. Goodbyte's politicla jabbering, I've had a wonderful time.

But time brings change--and after racking up over two thousand posts in these halls, I'm moving to Techimo.com with the rest of the old timers. I hope to see you all there, at Scott Wainner's new effort.

Those of you that want to stay in touch can email me at Dputiger@hotmail.com (that's also my AIM name) and thanks for the best online community I ever posted at. Hope to see you soon.

Former volunteer
    I have learned tremendous amts of stuff here and all I can say is "ditto" dputiger. See you on the other side of the street.
    Dave

I have to say that at least half of what I know about computers, I have learned from the fine folks that have been with this board for the past few years. I may not post that much but I read daily, and I usually can find more than I wanted to know on any given topic when I search these posts. You have all helped me so much I cant even begin to tell you. I will still come to SysOpt from time to time to do a little search or two but If your all leaving then...

I'm right behind you !

Cya at TechIMO.com !
    R.J. Ponzio
    me@rjponzio.com

There's no reason to leave just because a new site is launched.

There are dozens of websites out there where people talk about one aspect of computing or another. www.sharkyextreme.com or www.hardwarecentral.com and on and on.

This one will still be here, better than ever.

KMA
    ..and www.romulus2.com and www.mrcs.net etc...

NOne of which have these huge ads

Ultimate Member
    True--and you make a good point, Gus.

I guess I should clarify. Sysopt is the only bulletin board I post at regularly though I do pop in erratically on some others. I post here because my friends are here.

Well, my friends are leaving. TechIMO is where they are headed. I'll still pop in now and again, and I definitely wish this site all the best. But frankly although I recognize financial realities and the problems many Internet sites face, I am unhappy about the canning of Scott Wainner--as I think many are.

These are really lousy times economically and a lot of people I know are hurting. My job is to make sure we stay strong, both here and throughout internet.com. And we are succeeding but tough choices have to be made.

I am confident that when you do check back, you'll see we have gotten better.

TOUGH choices, not DUMB choices, you provincial putz!

how so?

The word loyalty is not in internet.com's dictionary. They did a hatchet job on sharkyextreme and hardwarecentral also. Sharkyextreme used to be a good place to get reviews from now its barely worth going there. Staff members were replaced with part timers and article quality has declined {that is when articles actually come out}. The corporate masters at internet.com had the offtopic forums at both sharkyforums and hardware central deleted which annoyed members and caused many to leave.

filtering names how pathetic can you get gvenditto?

Gus,

Are you not reading what people are saying here? How much more clearly must we make it for you. You are making dumb choices in the censorship, pulling accounts - you are treating people very poorly.

That's what I meant by DUMB choices. Those are not TOUGH choices, they are DUMB choices. Are you really prepared to alienate so many loyal followers?

I stand by my comment - you are a putz. I don't like what you did with Hardware Central either, so it's only a matter of time before you dilute this website, too. I foresee another dot com failure in the next few months. Maybe then you'll truly understand what is being said here.