Thread: ALL DC TEAMS - I smell changes in the air

Hybrid View

ALL DC TEAMS - I smell changes in the air

This post is for ALL teams, not just ECCP, RC5, Think, etc...Everyone!

There have been major changes going on here and elsewhere that none of us known about!

But that does explain a few things!

This part of the message is extemely important!

I want everyone to think hard and long (not too long) about what we want as a Team. I mean as far as support, recognition, etc

What I'm referring to is this!

I want two things!

#1 - That we (all DC Teams) get the recognition we deserve for the extreme amount of time, effort, and in most cases expense that we put into our "hobby" for a specific website!

#2 - That if we stay here or move there, we do so with 100% approval of ALL Teams and Team members!

I am going to get anwers for "what we can expect" for support from Sysopt and also TechIMO. When I get this information, I will post it here for all to see. After that, we will take a vote (if needed) about what happens next!

A thought I had was this, if changes are made before the 22nd, it would be a good time for a move But we'll see!

Keep an open mind, post your thoughts here, and seriously think about it!

I am taking a wait and see attitude, to see what transpires over the coming weeks. Stay or go........
    As for 100% you will never get it I'm afraid.
    Sorta scary our favorite forum being potentially torn apart or maybe even destroyed over the long term.

What to do, What to do

WOW!

The Heart and Soul of SysOpt is now TechIMO! Incredible.

Well, there's one thing about ECCp, you can take your stats wherever you go.

viz

Joel Kleppinger
    Well, the theory is that a majority of the team will agree to a simple name change, thus allowing everyone to keep all their stats in their respective projects.
    We wouldn't do this if we didn't have to.

Name change is with me,

I can't even get all my clients pointed in the correct direction at the moment

Eddy

Joel Kleppinger

FWIW, SysOpt is effectively no more as a staffed site. You will NEVER get support from ANYONE at SysOpt again, that much is sure.

I would anticipate that Scott would be actively recruiting for all the teams once again.

Nuff said, moving over

Time to move on.

WTF???
    I must have missed something here.
    Are we as the DC forum moving?? or is Sysopt as a whole going under.. If yes to either question where/why.

Please post related info for other to digest and ponder on.

bthom70
    bthom70

alfaguy, YGM

I'll agree with whatever everyone else decides. Before I joined the ECCP team, my involvement with SysOpt was pretty low - like my percentage of DP for the team (0.191267% soon to be dropping after the megaflush) so I'm not all attached.

Maybe name change TeamSysopt/TeamTechIMO for a while before finally moving over to TeamTechIMO. Try to make a migration of some sort. Start letting everyone know and gradually get everyone over to TeckIMO.
    I'm unique just like everyone else.

What changes?

Specifically, what changes are you referring to? I guess I need to have things spelled out for me. What, exactly, that SysOpt has done that has upset you and others? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to minimize anything here, just trying to get some facts.

Thanks.
    --
    Shawn Sonnentag
    IRIX/Linux System Administrator
    ...oh, and Windoze too...

I'd be happy to answer your questions about Sysopt. I'm the editor-in-chief of the parent company, INT Media Group.

What has happened is that the founder of this site, Scott Wainner, sold it and has decided to launch a competitive site. So he is now promoting his new business venture to people here.

Sysopt.com will continue and it will be supported. In fact, at least one member of this group, Randy48, has asked an internet.com editor about making some changes, and I am open to all suggestions.

In fact, one of the other projects I am working on is a new website/newsletter about grid computing. (that's the reason why Randy48 was in touch with one of our editors -- he is doing research).

So let's hear what direction you think this board should go.
    - Gus Venditto
    -- editor-in-chief internet.com

Hmmmmm..... so many POV's. Who should I trust? $$$$men or fellow sysoptians?

I don't know but see you later guys!
    I'll be staying on the team and you decide what to do with them!
    I'll be visiting this thread to keep in contact with what you are doing but as you might notice by the sound of my voice .... ahhhhh... ok... imagine it, I'm not too thrilled with what has happened. The heart and soul of Sysopt is gone.!

WoW.!

Well. Keep me posted of name changes or whatever.!
    eagle1 signing off.....