Thread: When will the new enhanced clients be release?

When will the new enhanced clients be release?

Does anyone know about how long will it be before the new enhanced clients are released?

I am still needing to do some work on how it sends all of the new info. I may just leave that out and release the client as is. Is there a certain new feature that you need in order to add a few more machines? I wanted to have a try at building a DP proxy today, but if you need the newer client I'll work on that instead.

Wish there were some way of booting the machine off a floppy that has the client on it. That way, there is no need for a hdd, and man would I save my parents a few bucks on the power bill!

I thought I read a post about someone hoping the power doesn't go off because they'd lose their DPs, and someone else said that they're saved on your hard drive, and the original person said they he wasn't using any hard drives.

OCGuy:
    I think there's some people who are doing that with a Linux OS, but I'm not sure if its feasible with DOS. You can look at some of the previous posts regarding the Linux option.

As far as the power draw from your HDD's, just set then to shut down after a short period of inactivity - that will save some power as well as wear and tear on the drive.

jened - That would be me

Before joining the ECCp project I used diskless computers on the RC5 project. The easiest way for me to get those boxes working under ECCp was to find a Linux floppy distro that I could run the ECCp client on. Under RC5 I used a couple of different distros but they did not easily support adding a new DC client. So I switched to the Trinux distro (www.trinux.org) and added the ECCp client to it.