Thread: All DC'ers Please read!

All DC'ers Please read!

I would hope that no one moves anywhere or quits the team(s) that you are on!

As far as "Defection" not yet!

We as a team, have been looking for recognition for a few months! There was a thread on the topic but I'm just too tired to find it. Two things that stood out in my mind from that thread were: we wanted the name of the forum to change and a link on the top of the pages.

I wrote an e-mail to Scott and also to Paul Shread, the guy at Sysopt that contacted me the other day about our teams! Below is what I wrote (I am willing to move if all agree, but I sincerely believe that the two things I asked for are not asking too much! Before we take a vote on anything, I say we get answers as to the requests first! And IF we decide to make the move, I think the 22nd right after the ECCP "Mega Flush" would be the right time...provided the changes are in place!):

Hi Scott, I owe you an apology, I didn't know about the "changes" at Sysopt and talked about you a little, I'm sorry! Now, I'm sure you are aware that "we", the members of Team Sysopt would like some recognition for what we do! This is a letter I sent to Paul Shread who had contacted me about Distributed Computing the other day. I have developed a real passion for DC as I'm sure you are more then aware. I really don't know for sure what the others are going to want to do, but I have grown fond of everyone at Sysopt! They are now all over here, so my first thought is to also move over here. But the same thing applies! We wnat to be recognized for what we do! I don't particularly care for a combined team name, but that decession is not mine to make! My feeling is that if we move, we change the names of all the teams and be loyal to one.

Below are two minor things that we had come up with as "demands" for team recognition, minor and easy to make! Would you do this for us? Same thing, your answer will be posted for all to see, so that we can vote on the future of the teams!

Thanks

Randy

Paul, it has just came to our attention that there have been major changes at Sysopt!

Our DC Teams have been been seeking changes for several months now, and have not received anything. Certain individuals that had worked for Sysopt until recently have suggested that we might re-create Team Sysopt into a merged team with their new website!

I believe this is the best time to negotiate for our demands! They are very simple and would not take much time at all to change!

The general conseus is that the Distributed Computing forum be renamed to "Team Sysopt - Distributed Computing" and also a small banner link on the top of each page directing people to the DC forum!

Page hits are the force behind advertising, it is a well known fact! The DC forum is looked at daily by various members of ALL the top DC teams in ALL of the contests! With the two requested changes, you would get more people on the teams, causing the Sysopt Teams to rise faster in the stats of each of the contests. This would in turn cause even more people from other teams to take notice and come "check us out!" This would make us happy, give you more daily page hits, giving you an edge to negotiate for more advertising revenue. You make more money, we are happy for receiving the recognition we deserve, we all win!

I would like an immediate answer to this so that we can make a decision on what we, the members of Team Sysopt are going to do next. I also want to inform you that whatever the answer, it will be posted for all to see.

Thank you,

Randy Sundquist

If you are wondering where everyone is, go here.