Thread: Some Voodoo3 questions...

Some Voodoo3 questions...

Well, I have AMD K6 300MHz, 64MB RAM and a V3 2000 PCI...

I really need to upgrade this, but I don't have enough money for the best things.
    I thought of getting a Duron 700 or 750MHz, a new mobo and 128MB RAM, but a new video card would cost too much.

So I was wondering... How far can my V3 go with that CPU?
    Is it too slow for the CPU?

U should be ok, the V3 is an exellent card which does scale well with faster cpu's.

I had my Voodoo 3 2000 running in a 850Mhz Duron system. Though it wasn't the fastest around it performed just fine. Even played the latest games. It ran Madden 2001/2002 just fine! Those cards are pretty nice. Though mine is AGP instead of PCI.

Sweeper

I have a Voodoo3 3000 AGP in my Tbird 1.13ghz/256MB DDR system

I can play UT at 1280x960 with all things turned up...
    MaxPayne plays well at1024x768

Visual quality might not be as nice as a card that can do 32bit color... but it'll do what you need to do. I was thinking about upgrading to a Geforce3 eventually.. but I may get a Nintendo Gamecube before that

yeah voodoo3's are probably one of the better cards, not the fastest, but the faster your processor the faster the card seems to get, i got one when i had a 233, and used all the way up to a gigahertz, ran everything i wanted, even worked in 3dstudios.

I have a duron 850 w/a voodoo3 2000 @ 175mhz. It still works fine for me. Buy some games & let your eyes be the judge, not benchmarks. If you feel the games looks choppy, then think about another card. My card tests poorly against new cards, but for what I do, so far I still like it and I have not had to spend cash on a new card since Febuary 1999!

RT

Stuck one of these in a Duron 750 yesterday.

Played UT for about an hour just to see what it looked like on a Voodoo card, only had plain old Matrox before.

Oh my god, I was blown away, no I'm not an FPS follower, so I look for image quality. This card looked sweet as. Very pretty when you are blowing someones guts all over the place.

Mind you it ran very very hot, I think some fans on the heatsink wouldn't go a miss.

Think I might try to find myself a second hand one for my computer.

Spickee

Yeah the Voodoo 3 is a very good card, but you should save up to buy a Hercules 3d Prophet or something these cards are rated at the moment to be the one of the best in the world.