Thread: Price Check!

Price Check!

I'm going to be selling some old PC stuff I picked up, and I was wondering what sort of price I should be getting.

1. 6x maybe 7 Pentium 100Mhz
    2. 1x Pentium 133Mhz
    3. 6x 486 DX2 50-66Mhz chips
    4. 2x 1Mb ISA vid cards
    5. 1x 512MB ISA dual display card
    6. 3x Socket7 boards unknown brand 3PCI 3ISA (I think) top out at 120Mhz
    7. 1x Socket7 board with USB support 4PCI 3ISA (I think) tops out at 120Mhz
    8. bunch of old ISA LAN cards (like 30)
    9. bunch of 486 heatsink/fan units
    10. 3-4x 486 boards Unknown brand.

Any help would be great! Also while I'm pretty sure it all works, I'm not postive.

I don't know about No.5, but all other stuff is in the range of $0.50 to $5.00. (Based on Computer Fair prices in IL).

I'm not sure if anybody will be interested in that outdated stuff.

I was going to try to sell it to a local PC shop (at least some of it). They're still selling 486 100Mhz chips for $50 (and selling them). But they aren't...Well reputable...So I wanted prices on this stuff. Any one else?

I <edit> wouldn't <edit> pay anything for what you've listed, but that's because I don't need it. But...

If you find someone who is stuck and needs the part(s). Your best bet would be to watch or try e-bay on a couple of parts. Even then I would not expect more than $25.00 for the whole lot.

Probably the 486 CPU fans are the most valuable because they can be used on GPUs, RAID Intel 960 processors, or chipsets.

Also the ISA video cards would be interesting to anyone running diagnostic or prototype equiptment. Also some CAD users like to run a monochrome ISA video card as their command line output for AutoCAD so that they can full screen their drawing.

Maybe a better idea would be to find a public institution (such as a community college) that would accept the parts as a donation. Then they could write you a receipt for closer to origonal retail prices that could be used for tax deduction purposes (I'm not sure how you currently do you taxes though....might not work)
    Last edited by cadetstimpy; 10-10-2001 at 01:55 PM.

Actaully I got them from the local college. They just upgraded all their systems (something like 400+) to 1Ghz (at the low end) 256MB Dells!!!

They had halls filled with all this stuff (free), so I took a bit!

I would pay anything for what you've listed...
    Thanks CadetStimpy

I'll sell you a 486-50Mhz for $1,000,000,000 us