Thread: something I've noticed

something I've noticed

I took my comp around to a friends house to set up a lan with a few other people and I noticed that when I played half-life:blue shift on my computer which has an s3 savage 4 the game looked reasonably smooth but then after playing the same game on a machine with a geforce 2 it looked really bad when you'd walk down a corridor and around corners as the walls seemed to flicker where the textures joined. So basically I was thinking the card is too good for that game...which is kinda really hard to believe but yeah I just thought I'd make a post about it....voice my opinion....babble ****....yeah. But basically I dont think I'd be able to sit there for more than 10 minutes without getting nausious and loosing all sence of balance.

matty

Could try upgrading to newer drivers for the GeForce . . .

My GeForce has problems with one certain game .. it simply refuse to run for more than a couple of minutes, and all the textures are garbled, prolly just a bug in the game . . . ( Populous: The Beginning )

It's more likely the way the card is setup. Get the GF tweaker to it, select highest quality and it'll solve it. I think it's to do with Mip-map level in HL....similar effects with the M64 I had. That how I think I solved it. Remember to disable FSAA though.

maybe the difference was software rendereing vs hardware acceleration. If the S3 was using software rendereing the picture wouldn't look as good but if would animate quickly. If the GeForce was using hardware acceration the picture would look a lot better (especially regarding textures), but the animation may not be as responsive.

yeah thats pretty much what I thought, it just didnt animate as well

did he have the video settings to glide, d3direct or software?

see if the drivers needs updates. whay resolution did her have it at?

JaYsin