Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: disabled u.s. navy vet needs help

Need More 'Junk'?

I have a ton of stuff that I would be willing to send if you still need.

It is all old stuff, but could be useful to you. I just continue to keep the stuff for no reason at all.

Power supply (at least one)
    Processors (at least 2 - dx4 & ?)
    memory (about 40 - 32mb simms)
    Possible sound cards
    Possible modems (33.3 - 56k)
    Many misc. bios, cables, etc.

I cannot guarantee that these all still work, have been laying around for years, but worked when they were removed. Husband has been trying to talk me into throwing away and I dont have the heart to do it. OH ya, is there any software that you are in need of? Manuals? Help books?

Send me your address and I can ship out next week. nuland@execpc.com

Keep up the great work!
    Keri

KeriV...sorry to be so long in replying...see my previous posts concerning my situation.
    obviously, i am not as active as i used to be, having broken ties with the "official" org's. however, i still work directly with any vet i meet that i can help.

YGPM...i can't seem to access my hotmail through my friends' AOL (go figure)

leed

good to see that there are still so meny good people in this world, I've still got some old ISA based cards, sound and graphics mostly but I'm on the other side of the Atlantic.

WELL DONE Leed.
    (sorry if my spelling is bad)

Bognor Regis, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    leed,

Im not sure how it works out there, but if you know of a charity that would like 20 Dell Optiplex GX110's please could you forward their details? I need to contact them directly as i am in the UK, and for tax records(disposing of old computers to charity is a tax write off in the uk). I would then be able to recover the shipping costs, also i would not have to pay any export or inport duty.

Thanks

Justin

Justin...I have tax-receipts available for such purposes, from All South Services Unlimited, Inc., which is a duly registered charity effort. Will that do?

EDIT...Ed Stephans, the Pres. of All South, seems to have disappeared from the area...so I can no longer vouch for the validity of his (or my) non-profit status. I will scour the area for a suitable org. to work with.

Asonic...thanks for your input.

Leed
    Last edited by leed; 10-17-2002 at 02:30 PM.

Justin,

Have you room for a few ISA cards in your shipment?

I am just a private person and the cards have no value to me but I cant afford the shiping costs to the USA but I have family in Seaford that we visit often.

let me know if this is posible, pm or email. Thanks
    (sorry if my spelling is bad)

i have slow internet
    Last edited by dell8200; 11-12-2004 at 01:10 AM.

sorry

well i have a pI 200mhz 128 meg in simms, 4 meg video card, 32x cd-rom, floppy, needs Hdd it is a desktop hp vectra and it has a 3 pci and 2 isa if you want it

wow!

this is the last thing i expected to find this morning, i haven't heard from this thread in a long time.

dell8200...i have relocated to the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Boston, Ma.

http://www.neshv.org/

me...

http://business.bostonherald.com/bus...rticleid=53193

if you are interested, then contact the NESHV in my name, and find out how you can help. this facility has many hardworking and deserving veterans in various training courses who can use laptops, and when a veteran has completed his or her programs and moves into private housing we provide them with a full PC for their new home. folks, this is a GOOD place for a vet to put together a new life with the tools to maintain it.