Thread: Is it just me???

Is it just me???

Is it just me or dose it seem the same to other people that alot of the replies here in sysopt have nothing to do woth the question or suggest something was not asked. For exaple if someone asked which video card was better, video card A or video card B. Half the replies would be get video card C, its better. To me that dosent help any. Its fine if you wanna suggest that in you anwser ALSO, but please anwser the question asked. I cant stand if when pepole do that to me. I mean most people something is better than the two beig compaired but what if the person has the two cards and wants to know which is better. They didnt ask they should buy, they wanna know which is better. ya know....

i don't think people mean to do it. i think they have had great experiences with the card they mention and want to share. plus sometime the card the mention is better than the two cards and a better deal.

i think its great how people share the info. makes you change your outlook and maybe research alittle bit more

JaYsin

Did any of you see that film last night, it was great.

LOL, sorry only joking.

I think what may possibly happen is a thread progress away from the original problem. This is no help to the author, but to the second, third reply, may be an education.

There are people who quite rightly point out that the thread has went of in a tangent, ( I'm guilty of doing that, not the pointing out, the tangent bit! ). These are the respected few, Thats why we come here.

Bare with it, we all make mistakes. the better good shines through in the end.

All the best, Justy.

But think about it!!!!

How many threads are repeating time after time!
    I, for one, was almost everyday in the Video and Monitor forum but since the questions they were asking were the same, I got tired!

Which videocard is better???? My reply would be: "Check on past posts!" That's why I don't go there much now!

So if I answer that Video card C is quite better than B and A, then the original poster should check all of them (A, B and C!)
    eagle1 signing off.....

Half the replies would be get video card C, its better. To me that dosent help any. I

Well, if someone takes the time to reply to a question, I appreciate it! Maybe you should say, "JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION AND DONT BOTHER IF YOUR OPINION IS, NEITHER OF THEM ARE GOOD AND SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE!"
    Then I bet no one would do that!

You'll find that most people who work in the IT feild do not usually like to work with a 'solution A or solution B' ultimatum given by the user. Too many times the chioces are wrong to begin with based on the undisclosed needs and undisclosed parts in hand of the user and then it ends up as 'why did you tell me to get that card?' or 'I thought you told me this card would work with my system?'. It might just be a defensive mechanisim (or maybe experience) that your dealing with.

There are just too many factors to consider, especially when considering compatibility. It's better to explain what you've got and then describe what you need. You'll get better information...

I don't mind it. What if C was a workable solution I hadn't considered? Often times people make great suggestions based on their experiences with a product. Which is why most of us are here I suppose.

im just saying for example,.. What if someone had two video cards and they wanted to know which one would play games better. The most common reply would be get this card, it costs less and the performance is better. That would be fine and all except that person has no desire to buy a new card. They just wanna know which is better between the two they have. And then after that guys suggests a card, the next guys will suggest a similar card with an extra feature or sumething leaving the original question unanwsered. I just think when people reply to diferent threads, they need to make sure and anwser the question asked before the suggest something else. Ya'll are right, lots of times people are uneducated about cards and are bout to buy something and dont know.. I just think the replies should go like this...

Card A is better because...... But card B will out perform here...... Both of these cards are pretty outdated so if thinking about upgrading or something you might want to try something like this.

Ya know, i am tired of seeing and it haping to me where questions go unanwsered and get replies that dont matter. It just seems to me it would be like going to vote and writing who you want to win at the bottom of the ballot instead of picking one of the selections

And about the same threads being repeaded over and over again, thats a whole nother topic. That is gonna happen on any forum. I think that is because "most", not all people, are to lazy to do research for them selves. They would rather have the info the need come to them instead of finding it them selves. I admit, i have done it myself. All of the "which mobo" and "ATI vs Geforce" threads are repeaded atleast 5 time a week and are goning to continue that way. I mean you can find hundreds of reviews o fthe same two cards or whatever on any search engine so... I dont really know why they do it, it dose get old after a while

Err...I agree with anybody who lives in Athens.

just wanna know which is better between the two they have
    You see, you didn't say that part in the original post. That changes it.

The majority of the time, you only what you first said (ONLY that!):
    Which video card is better, A or B?
    If someone answers "C, because....." that should be ok.....if you can get a better card for the money, why be annoyed that the member who answered didn't choose the sucky A or B video cards?

If you say,
    "I have A and B video cards. I want to know which is better for gaming. Thanks!"

You should get tons of replies.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who registerjust to ask one question will ask it quickly with minimal wording involved - "which is better, A or B"

That's it.

That's why you get the C answer because nobody knows what you're trying to do. Most of us think you're buying a card. THAT would prompt us to say "C is better". Get it?

The lesson for today is: Specifics

Warthog

Well said Warthog....