Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh is deaf

I have always enjoyed Rush, even though I may not agree 100% with everything he says. This is America, where one can voice one's own opinion freely.

I hope Rush decides to stay in the business, or at least start a freelance newspaper column to air his views.

OuT - I am fairly offended by your comment.

You are correct in saying that I do not listen to the show. I am basing my views on conversations with closed-minded people who do listen to him. I should not presume that all of his listeners are this way, only the ones I have talked/listened to.

I have tried to have meaningful conversations with several self-proclaimed "Conservatives" here at SysOpt in the last month, trying to use reason to analyze different angles of the situation, with the intention of reaching a mutual understanding. I have attempted not to be overly confrontational, but thought provoking. No fewer than three have refused to return my PM's, including a moderator.

OuT - I am fairly offended by your comment.
    As was I by your comment. In fact I'm even more offended, or actually disappointed finding out that indeed you don't listen to the show. Yet you seem to have so much to say about it. That in itself says quite a bit about you my friend.

What comment offended you? If you mean this one:

I am basing my views on conversations with closed-minded people who do listen to him. I should not presume that all of his listeners are this way, only the ones I have talked/listened to.
    I was not referring to anyone on this forum, but actually talking to people in person.

Also, what does it say about me? I have never claimed to be an expert in politics. I actually do not care for it. I'm trying to open my mind and encourage others to do the same.

What offended me was you continuing to use this Hitler-Rush example. You evedently know little about Rush and even less about Hitler. Study up on your history.

As far as what does it say about you...well I'm not quite sure how much more bluntly I can put it without being totally offensive. How can you have so much to say about Rush and his show when you do not listen to it?

If I offered up a fairly detailed opinion of a new movie, yet it turns out I actually had not seen the movie, what would you think? And what type of person would even do something like that? An open-minded person certainly wouldn't.

Hey OuT, don't get so worked up about it. He's a Moderate. If he's really open minded about it (as every Moderate claims to be), he should try to listen to Rush's show for a least a week. Better yet, a month. He may learn something.
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Micron 256mb pc-133 cas 3
    Maxtor 40gb ATA-133 7200rpm
    Visiontek GeForce4 Ti 4200 agp
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro

Not getting worked up, just a little surprised how someone who claims to be open-minded is actually just the opposite. Scary thing is he probably thinks he is open-minded.

Moderate or not got's nothing to do with it. Hell, I'm not even a Repulican...I'm a Libertarian (although I still fall firmly in the conservative catagory...on most issues.)

Atomic Rooster - Actually the only reason I do not and will not listen to him is that I do not care for the manner in which he presents his case. I find him rude and offensive. Does this make me closed-minded?

I would probably actually agree with many of his positions, but I cannot stand to listen to him. I would be happy to discuss in a civil manner any issue with anyone. I refuse to listen to people who resort to base insults rather than meaningful discourse.

I honestly am not a student of politics. I do not fully understand the terms conservative, moderate, and liberal. It really is not important to me. Afterall, what's in a name?

Whatever side you are on, please understand that the other side is very important. Believe me, you would not want to live in a country with only one party.

Scorpio69 -
    How can you say that he's "rude and offensive" if you have never listened to the show. If you did listen to his show, you would know that the only "people who resort to base insults rather than meaningful discourse" are the Liberal callers that cant back up their statements with facts. (They can't handle the truth either). Yes that makes you closed minded because you refuse to listen to Rush because of what others have said about him. If you truly belive that "the other side is very important" try listening to it for a change.
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro

I did not say that I have never listened. I said that I do not.

Originally posted by Scorpio69
    You are correct in saying that I do not listen to the show. I am basing my views on conversations with closed-minded people who do listen to him. I should not presume that all of his listeners are this way, only the ones I have talked/listened to.
    Typical.
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro

What is typical? "Typical." is an incomplete sentence. Please expand on it. I stated in the present tense that I do not listen to the show.

Present Tense?

If you have EVER listened to the show you could never have based your "views on conversations with closed-minded people who do listen to him".

Just using your own words.
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro

First of all, could you stop with the ? It's getting old. If I am not being clear, you might have just said so instead of condescending.

I have listened to very little of the show. I cannot understand the points he is trying to make because I simply cannot stand to listen to him long enough to "get it". As I said I might agree with some of his political views, I just do not like the way they're presented.

As far as his political stance, I have inferred this mostly through talking to people who do listen to him.

I'd rather just get the straight facts, then I can apply my own opinion.