Thread: why can't i only download enhanced eccp client?

why can't i only download enhanced eccp client?

I have been downloading only the enhanced clients and all seems to be doing well. What is benefit to downloading original client? I imagine it copies the screensavers to the right directory, but I noticed on Randy's page he had updated install directions?

Hi Jened, there is no benefit. It is just is easier to get started. You doing a great job

BTW, did you have a chance to mess with the dual system yet?

I was under the impression that the original client had to be installed first and then the updated client installed over it.

Can the enhanced clients just be installed and run?

I got my dualies running and love there output. If you need help jened please post back.

fshanda

randy - unfortunately I don't have a dual system, just a small little herd. but i'm cranking away points. Just a few days ago, I broke the .1 % of points contributed for the team i suppose that will change when you do your big dump

fshanda - this is how i had been doing the installs: downloading and unzipping the enhanced client into the directory i want the files to live. then i run the dos program first which asks me my name, email address, and handle. It does a test run and says test successful, but then it keep running so i have to kill the dos window. i then edit the config file to point to sysaholics and make a shortcut to the windows program in my start menu so it runs when i login. (i'd prefer it to run as a service though but i've been too lazy to try). i do not even have to copy that cygwin.dll to windows system32. i am running on win 2k btw but the steps should run on most recent windows versions.