Thread: Spell checker rant

Spell checker rant

Do you ever have the problem when you spell check a document of having one of the words not recognized by the spell checker and it doesn't give you any options? What's the purpose of that? Even if the closes match is only 1% of the unknown word, it should still give some options! That would be more useful that "no matches found". Is there a purpose for that or is it just caused by sadistic spell check program writers? And, also, even if there is a word that is 99% close to the unknown word, it should still give some more choices. I think the minimum a spell checking software should have is like 5 choices. Even if i put in a word like "blksdoine" I should still get some options. OK, I'm done.

I've felt that way before about spell checker, but what I really hate is that durn grammer checker. That think is correct maybe 50% of the time. I can't stand it. Makes me want to get linux just so I can use star office.

i used to read at leat an hour every day. high school killed that, and now i can't spell anything. half the time i spell "thier" or "their" wrong, i can never remember which. now i'm in college, and at least i am finally learning proper grammar. Long live Spell check, even with its infallabilities. (i bet that's spelled wrong, maybe even used imroperly) Grammar check is a long way from being useful.

If it wasn't for spell checks most of what I write would look like this: fjh gjhssrfhjhf vnv b and fghruhgf if fjg h f but.

Club-Med

fjh gjhssrfhjhf vnv b and fghruhgf if fjg h f but.

Thats easy for you to say.

G
    Nothing moves faster than goalposts

lol Graham

Originally posted by club_med
    If it wasn't for spell checks most of what I write would look like this: fjh gjhssrfhjhf vnv b and fghruhgf if fjg h f but.

Fhsdk. Thaesdlf's eitxof. djfwudfhskjd, porjxneyws. Lqueyfhdnzud.

pyiopyipo31