Thread: AT&T Digital Wireless Broadband

AT&T Digital Wireless Broadband

I am about to dump the hdd on my mother-in-law's computer and load a real os on it. She has ME and I'm going to put 98 on it. I am running in circles with AT&T trying to figger out how to get the internet acces back on the pc after the format. Even the website has a dead link to the .pdf file for support. Does anyone know how to get the broadband up and running again??? Is there an install disk I need to get from AT&T or is there a d/l I can get? Or is there just a few settings I can put into the networking? Any help is appreciated as AT&T hasn't helped at all.
    Derek

Derek

what do you mean by digitial wireless? do you mean a linksys wireless router connectecd to a cable modem? descibe the network setup and product types, brands, and models if applicable.

Banti

She's got a square antenna on the side of her house that points to a twer a few miles away that her phone and internet access goes through. Hence the "wireless".
    Derek

also known as satillite internet. well, tell us the setup for this system here. does the computer connect from the Network Interface Card (NIC) in the back of the PC, to a Router? Or a Modem of some kind? Have you tried CALLING AT&T tech support? Maybe if you call you can find someone that can walk you through. If you feel the person you are talking to has no idea, ask for a supervisor or higher level of tech support. Give us all the information you can so we can help you! :o)
    -Rob Jerina
    System Specs:
    AMD Tbird 1.2ghz 200mhz FSB
    OCZ PC150 256mb SDRAM
    IBM DeskStar 60GXP 60gb 7200rpm
    Hercules ProphetII MX 32MB Dual-Display Video
    Creative SBLive X-Gamer

Nope, not sattelite. It points to a TOWER a few miles away. It's digital wireless, and interfaces through an intel anypoint network card installed to a pci slot. It's a hp pavilion pIII 800mhz. The internet connection and the phonelines go through a box on the garage wall to a 12x16 antenna on the east side of the house pointing east (As opposed to south, where the sattelites orbit). It ponts to a another antenna on the tower whivh is connected to a t3 line. No wires, no bandwidth restrictions. The at&t tech support is useless. They keep trying to refer me to Intel for the networking card, but it installed without a hitch. When I start IE5 it detects network settings then never gets anywhere after that.
    Derek

I have the same thing (sweet speeds down, horrible up)

My setup requires no setup. =] when youy install Win98, it installs TCP/IP, using DHCP. The modem (Hybrid here) will retrieve an IP from the ISP, and boom your online, if there is a problem, run winipcfg, release IP, then retrieve IP.

If that doesn't work and you haven't formated yet, run winipcfg and write down all information shown.

you can then enter it manually into TCP/IP properties under network in control panel.

sorry just saw your post, At&t is using a hybrid config, wireless down, phone up. there should have been a CD left behind when it was installed, you'll need to use that CD.

(Mines bi-direction wireless 600+Kbytes down, 15kbytes up.)
    Last edited by Wizzard~Of~Ozz; 10-10-2001 at 07:19 PM.