Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Taliban made a BIG mistake.

BobViper...

Don't take the drivel from [shawn@localhost /home]# as representative of Canadian opinion on the War on Terrorism or on the U.S. in general. Although an extremely tiny minority of people here have expressed similar opinions they are mostly uneducated, gramatically challenged rednecks in Edmonton, from Edmonton or have visited Edmonton so they don't count.

Support for military action is as strong here as it is in the U.S. and has the full support of the ruling political party and the official opposition, with only the (very small) NDP party opposing. I was a former life-time NDP supporter until Alexa McDonaugh spoke out against military action. I revoked my membership the very next day.

I do not suffer fools nor cowards easily, hence my lack of a reply to any posts after my previous one on page 2. It is not about the oil (there is none), the Afghan civilians don't hate the U.S. and never did (any hate has come from a small group of retarded religious fanatics... who cares?) and, and... solar power? groan.

What it is about is stopping a murderer who is Hitler, David Koresh, Jim Jones and Tomás de Torquemada all rolled into one from murdering any more people.

Nothing personel about youself and Canada-BUT-
    It would have been better if you had dissed mr. shawn's opinions personally rather than diss all Canadians.

JohnE. - a Canadian among many who fully supports the U.S. action in Afghanistan and does not blame the victim for the crime committed.
    Last edited by JohnE.; 12-21-2001 at 09:21 AM.
    But, it goes to 11

Re:JohnE

ALOHA JohnE

Sorry if you took the comments personel~I ReDirect them to the ~"drivel from [shawn@localhost /home]#" and
    to "extremely tiny minority of people here have expressed similar opinions they are mostly uneducated, gramatically
    challenged rednecks in Edmonton, from Edmonton or have visited Edmonton so they don't count."

We have~Drivel Kings~here in the USA also so again Nothing personel to ANY Normal Human Being~
    But part of the problem in the past has been letting the Drivel Kings speakup without comment and assuming they are the minority~

They Must Now be put in the Drivel Cup
    where they belong for the World to SEE!!!

ALOHA~Merry Christmas~Bob Viper

PS~Have some Fun~Rock the Bin! (-:

Don't get me wrong, I hate the taliban, osama bin laden, omar and whatever terrorists are walking around there in afghanistan and I fully support the war on terrorism but [shawn@localhost /home]# is right about one thing: Americans don't know much about other countries. I often hear Americans speak about other countries in a way that is almost arrogant. For example: so many times I heard Americans talk about the Netherlands as if we are all a group of retarded drug addicts, living in windmills, wearing wooden shoes, eating cheese and having tulips in our gardens.
    "So you live in the Netherlands..? What sort of drugs are you addicted to? And how are the tulips doing this year? And who's your favourite wh*** in Amsterdam?" Come on, Holland is not like that!
    What many don't seem to see is that Western Europe is just as much developed as you Americans are.
    Every day I see Oprah on TV (Some people in my family have such a bad taste on TV programmes.... ) telling that America is the best place for women to be and that nowhere else in the world women's rights are as good as in America. Didn't she ever hear about western Europe or is it just arrogance? There are so many examples of such things. I don't want to offend Americans here, I'm just saying that Americans sometimes are a bit ignorant about other countries (or did I just speak with the wrong ones?....)
    What I'm saying here has nothing to do with the war on terrorism (as I said, I fully support it), it's just a point I noticed in [shawn@localhost /home]#s post that I recognized.
    Best regards,

Arthur
    Last edited by arthur888; 12-21-2001 at 12:33 PM.

BobViper... sorry it took so long to get back here - Xmas and all.

Drivel Kings and the Drivel Cup... lmao, that's funny.

I wasn't terribly offended... I just needed something solid to comment on to get back in the thread after so much vacuous nonsense. Your post gave me a way in to comment on the vacuous nonsense and was really a disguised rebuke of the previous vacuous content.

I believe my point about the majority of Canadians not sharing [shawn@localhost /home]'s opinion on the War on Terrorism or on the U.S. in general is still valid though and thank heaven for that.

If that kind of opinion were widespread then our grandfathers may as well have just hid under the bed and let Hitler march into London.
    But, it goes to 11

Originally posted by V_I_R_U_S
    I wonder what the world would be like if we accually defeat the taliban by killing Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban's leader, as well as every last peice of **** the Taliban calls thier followers. I just can't wait until this is all over, with America on the winning side of course.
    Over? What would you consider over? Just the Taliban Leader and OBL killed? What about the thousand others waiting to take their place? What about all the other fanatics that will try the same thing in a few years when most Americans will take on your views of this being over? American's will sit back and relax again, safe in the knowledge that super terrorist OBL is dead...Then it will happen all over again WAKE UP. Terrorism will never end.
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

ALOHA Lycia
    Thats Right!

Listen to George.~LONG TERM WAR!!~

Lotsa Terrorists to Hunt and Soo little Time!!

The Trick IS to plant Daisy(Cutters)on them Before They plant US!

Seen Osam lately?Seems his Left arm doesn't work No More~Soon the rest of him won't work No More,No More.......

Step1~Complete

Step2~Then on to the Next BadBoy~BadBoy~Whatca Gonna Do~Whatca Gonna Do when The USA Comes for You !!

Step3~Etc...........

Aloha~Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir are completley ignorant.
    We are a peace keeping nation, not a one of war.
    It is the average Amercian patriotism that gets you into trouble. USA being the most powerful nation is the worst crock that I have ever heard. If you were so powerful, these terrorist attacks would have been prevented, information would be have been obtained prior to the incidents. Where was the NSA when that happended?

Frankly, the only greatest power the Americans have is getting their toes stepped on when the President and everybody else down there shoots his/her mouth off on great America is. How do you expect other countries to react towards you when you start making such comments to bash other countries?

Uncle Sam is getting old....

Our FBI received data on the Taliban all throughout the Clinton administration, but were not allowed to use it... The administration chose to ignore it after several attempts from I believe, Saudi Arabia. <--- Not positive the exact source

Warning the Below comments are for Edmonton, Alberta, Canadan Reisdents ONLY who appear to think this way~All Normal Canadians Please Disregard !!

ALOHA~Antix
    You sir are completley ignorant.
    Coming From Canada,Lets see your Not Even on The SuperPower List and Never were and I think Canada started being a country First?!
    We are a peace keeping nation, not a one of war.
    YoU Live in Peace because of US~USA~Your Welcome
    It is the average Amercian patriotism that gets you into trouble. USA being the most powerful nation is the worst crock that I have ever heard.
    Read the NewsPapers Antix,I think its Osama and His Boys that are in Trouble~Your Welcome Again !
    If you were so powerful, these terrorist attacks would have been prevented, information would be have been obtained prior to the incidents. Where was the NSA when that happended?
    This statement Clearly demonstrates Why canada Is not a SuperPower~NOONE can Know Everything and to Believe So is The thoughts of a Fool !
    Frankly, the only greatest power the Americans have is getting their toes stepped on when the President and everybody else down there shoots his/her mouth off on great America is. How do you expect other countries to react towards you when you start making such comments to bash other countries?
    Jealousy is a Terrible Thing !If Nothing its Not Country bashing only Some Citizens that Require........
    Uncle Sam is getting old....
    Thats The Idea~Can't StOP A GREAT THING !

ALOHA~BobViper

Originally posted by Toadman
    What is the one true thing Muslims fear? The Great Satan USA? Israel? Nope. They fear being defiled and denied entry into the Kingdom of Heaven. The below is factually true:

Once in U.S. history an event of Islamic terrorism was very quickly vanquished. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous pinprick Islamic terrorist attacks upon his men, so "Black Jack" ordered his troops to catch some of them and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution-style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. They horrifyingly saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood, and denied entry into Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs or lived. They were doomed men, now and in the afterlife. All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This ended terrorist attacks in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch. They welcome the chance to die for Allah. The USA would never target peaceful Muslims with such sacriligious attacks, but how about terrorist deterrence and denial of their ultimate goal to please Allah, and to be sent straight to hell defiled by the hated pigs of the devil?

Cluster bombs with hog's blood, anyone? How about an airburst over a training camp?
    uhm thats not true buddy
    LEMME Tell you somethin:
    i'm muslim, i've been a muslim, and i've studied Islam well. If they were true muslims and had their faith in God, they would not have feared being "denied" paradise. Why? Here's why: your statement might be true but its completely irrational to the Islamic Religion. In Islam, you are not allowed to eat pork. So if an enemy forced the contaminated blood into you, you would not be "contaminated" with it. the reason behind it, an enemy did it to you, you had no intention of doing it whatso ever. In Islam, the recording of good deeds and bad deeds is based on intention. If your intention is to drive to the Mosque to pray, but a car hits you, and you run over some innocent people, you don't get marked down for murder or whatever. It was based on your intentions. And of course its not my judgement to say this, in Islam, intentions are between the Muslim and his Lord.
    --Ka0ticSH

Well said Ka0ticSH

You're right on the money with, "If they were true muslims and had their faith in God, they would not have feared being "denied" paradise", just as true Muslims would not fear that their grievences were being ignored by God and therefore take matters into their own hands and try to force the issue with mass violence. There's Gods will and then there's mans self-interested desires.

Any true Muslim (as fine a religion as any other religion can be given the limitations and flaws of all organized religions in general) would see and agree that mass murder in the name of (insert any Deity) is just plain morally wrong.

Any "true" Christian knows the Holy Crusades were bad form and just plain wrong. (The Deity known as) God/Allah doesn't use weapons of mass destruction to achieve his/it's ends. That's like saying, "I love you with an everlasting love" while you drive the bayonette deeper into your enemies belly. Not very spiritual.

Violence is easy and the mark of the spiritually empty and lazy man. Peace on the other hand is hard. It takes more resources and effort to love than it does to hate. This fact goes far to explain why there are so many people willing to kill anyone to get what they want in the false belief that what they want is what God wants.

What God wants, God gets; especially when you've replaced God with your own ego.

Antix...

"You sir are completley ignorant. We are a peace keeping nation, not a one of war."

Complete contradiction. To insult someone like that is an act of aggression.

Also, "most powerful" isn't the same as Omni-potent.

JohnE.
    But, it goes to 11

Well, when some yank insults our country, which you people have the god's pleasure of doing, it does impact us.

From all the support I have done, helping you people with your HP's, all I have heard is the ignorance, and stupidity. Never once have I had a decent civil conversation.

I am sorry, but when it comes to ignorance, I don't accept it.

Hi all,
    I've just read all the posts in this thread, and all are interesting.
    Here's a point nobody has touched on.
    WHERE'S THE PROOF
    I've seen a couple of possibly doctored videos and three letters written by one person.
    Are these the only proof you need to convict and find guilty a person/group?.
    The U.S. bombed the Sudan because of similar proof, "whoops, sorry, our mistake"
    If the Taliban, Al-Queda, and Osama Bin-Laden are guilty of this/these crimes, then yes rip their F***ing heads off and ***** down their necks, but until they are found guilty with irrefutable evidence, what the U.S. and others are doing is wrong.

Even if they AREN'T respoinsible for the September 11th attacks, there are many more attacks they have been proven to be responsible for. President Clinton promised he would take care of it several times. Guess Bush is doing it for him.

Hi dmoltrup,
    name one attack that the Taliban have been found guilty of commiting.
    Name one attack that Osama Bin-Laden has been found guilty of commiting.
    Members of Al-Queda have I believe been found guilty of commiting attacks, so does this gives the U.S. and others the right to try and kill and injure thousands of people, the majority of them may not even know where America is.
    I am not defending the Taliban, what they did to those two statues was absolutely horrendous, and the way they treated there own people was disgusting. But to justify the carpet bombing of Afghanistan because of what a few people did, who incidently may have no connection to Afghanistan or the Taliban, doesn't seem right to me.