Thread: Dr.Solomon AV 8.5 reboots my W2k

Dr.Solomon AV 8.5 reboots my W2k

I have used Dr.Solomon Anti Virus 8.5 on Windows NT4 successfully but having recently upgraded to Windows 2000 I find I can no longer start Windows. When 2000 starts I get as far as the point just before the "Getting to know Windows 2000 screen" appears and my machine immediately reboots. My concern is whether there is a compatibility issue with Windows Am using..
    Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 (R) Version 5.0 (Build 2195)

Thanks for your time.
    Rex
    London

if possible, use the F8 key to boot into safe mode. From there you can uninstall the antivirus software. I would go to Network Associates web site to make sure that your version of the software is compatible with Windows 2000.

It could also be that you got a corrupted DAT file as this will cause simmilar problem upon boot. Corrupted DAT files require the same kind of treatment I would recommend for you: uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, install a fresh SDAT file.

If you just performed an upgrade from NT4 to 2000, then you might have a different version of the antivirus software installed on your system than Windows 2000 might require. Other NT 4 software can interfere with Windows 2000 boot too. At a minimum, ALWAYS uninstall antivirus software before performing an OS upgrade. This will save you oodles of headaches in the future.
    Last edited by ctaylor; 10-08-2001 at 02:15 PM.