Thread: The Time given on this Page is wrong

The Time given on this Page is wrong

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that the time at the bottom of the page is quoted as being GMT when in fact it is BST a 1 hour advance on GMT. If left unchanged it will soon be European Time when the UK reverts to GMT later this month.

Cheers

Nodnerb2

Ultimate Member
    Set the time offset in the Edit Options section of the and it will display your local time.
    Last edited by Fingers; 10-07-2001 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks for that Fingers,

I think you missed my point.

I am in the UK at the moment. The time shown is my local time it is BST British Summer Time not GMT as the text next to it indicates

Cheers

Nodnerb2

Ultimate Member
    Perhaps I do misunderstand what you're saying?

The SysOpt server uses GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), which represents the International Date Line, thus all times are displayed as an offset from GMT. The SysOpt server uses GMT - (minus) 8hr (US Pacific Time), while I'm on the US East Coast and use GMT - 5hr (US Eastern Time)

I was previously unaware that there even was such a thing as British Summer Time, but its' a pretty good bet that there is no way that you can make this server display time in BST. The best you can do is set your time to GMT + 1 , which is the BST equivelant.

http://greenwichmeantime.com/
    Last edited by Fingers; 10-07-2001 at 05:24 PM.

nodnerb2 -
    Here in the states we have a similar summer time change called Daylight Savings Time (DST). The time at the bottom is correct for me also but states " All times are GMT -8 hours. The time is now 02:33 PM." It doesn't define the difference between Pacific Standard Time (PST) and Daylight Savings Time. So I assume that the time program used does the time adjustment correctly without making the destinction between Standard and Savings (summer) times.

(Just sit back, have a "pint", and don't sweat the little stuff. LOL)
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Micron 256mb pc-133 cas 3
    Maxtor 40gb ATA-133 7200rpm
    Visiontek GeForce4 Ti 4200 agp
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro