Thread: This a Question Especially For Our European Members.

This a Question Especially For Our European Members.

Not that I would mind any body else answering, just the probabilities may be higher.

I have an Axcel 1997 CDT computer made by Packard Bell which I am rather amazed by. First of all it has a Huge and sweet package of software on a one gig hard drive. And secon, whoever the previous owner was, kept it gloriously free of all the minutae and superfluos SW most sytem intergrators like to junk up their computers with.

It has about six unused expansion slots and drivers for a US Robotics Courier Every Where in the Universe external modem.

Now, sadly--yes I'm sure everybody is sad about this--PB no longer sells in the USA and its ..err"support" is handled by a company that ...well, no more need be said.

Anyway, Ive noticed Packard Bell is still alive and well in Europe with different countries having their own "sites" on the Mothersite and--apparently different nomenclature or numbering system for the PB's marketed there.

I have reason to suppose its Dutch or Belgium but except for French don't know Dutch. Could be on any "national" site.

I'm hoping it's still supported on some site and I can download drivers, manual, info etc. If anybody can help an American -orphaned PB i would be grateful. I don't even remember the Axcel line here.

Thanx.

I don't think this is the right forum.

Dear MTATech.

Sorry..probably Technical Support more approprite than General Tech....Don't know how to move it.

Looks like all the Packard Bell sites are accessed through the same main site. Might be worth wandering round a few countries.

http://www.packardbell.com/
    Duron 700@700 - ABit KT7-Raid Artic Silver and Coolermaster copper somethingorother- 256Mb PC133 CAS 2 Crucial- 30Gb IBM ATA-100 - ASUS Geforce2MX w Blue orb - Iiyama Vision Master 411 - ASUS 8X DVD -Plextor CDRW 16/10/40 Hauppauge Win/TV Radio - Soundblaster Live 1024 - Logitec Deskman cordless keyboard and mouse

Errr....Helps to know the languages. Right now i'm learning English.