Thread: Raid this!

Raid this!

Can't get Win 2000 to load with my GA-7ZXR mobo with Raid 0 enabled. I always get the message hard drive not found. I've pressed F6 key and used Promise drivers from Floppy disk. Both cables are on IDE 3-4, no jumpers on dual WD200BB hard drives, F Disk and formatted. Jumpers are in the correct position on the board. Win 98 loads with raid 0 with no problem, Win 2000 loads with raid 0 disabled with no problem. Ive formated both drives two ways one FAT 32 other NTFS. I,ve used drivers from CD and web site with no difference.
    Last edited by geo1; 10-06-2001 at 11:51 PM.

Ultimate Member
    I had that problem with an IWILL KK266 Plus-R...it wouldn't install win2k Server on it with RAID 0. Never tried it without it. But anyways I had to flash my bios with a newer version and so it finally starts working. I bet that's your problem. Try flashing your bios. But just make sure to get the right one.

~Joel
    ~Joel

Same mobo as mine, but I have not tried Raid yet,
    GA-7ZXR/-C
    Q1. How do I install Win2000 when enable Promise RAID function?
    A1. Please copy all files and folder under the path " other\promise\Ideraid\Driver " from our driver TUCD 1.6 CD to a floppy disk. Press F6 for specify a third party RAID controller at the beginning of Win2000 installation, then supply its driver from this floppy disk. Or you can download this driver from our website
    Q2. How do I install Win2000 when enable Promise ATA100 function?
    A2. Please copy all files and folder under the path " other\promise\ata100 " from our driver TUCD 1.6 CD to a floppy disk. Press F6 for specify a third party ATA controller at the beginning of Win2000 installation, then supply its driver from this floppy disk. Or you can dowload this driver from our website.
    Last edited by cyclone2; 10-07-2001 at 10:09 AM.