Thread: & you thought you've already seen every possible use for "coasters"...

Hybrid View

& you thought you've already seen every possible use for "coasters"...

As we've all heard before;

"Necessity, who is the mother of invention." - Plato, 360 B.C.

Hey, that's actually a pretty good idea! I'd try it if I played guitar.

Out, did you "invent" that? That's good, I'll send it to my sister who plays acoustic and electric.

Warthog

Well, it's not much of an "invention". In fact I'd say it's no invention at all. If anything I'd put it under the category of "discovery". I discovered that I can take something made of plastic and shape it into a guitar pick. Not exactly a "set the world on it's ear" type of accomplishment.

But I believe the real satisfaction I felt was because I had finally found a semi-legitimate use for the stack of coasters I've held on to. Whenever I'd toy with the thought of throwing away those pretty, multi-colored, yet unusable CDs I would stop myself and blindly insist that there must be some use for these things...somewhere...somehow...

You might remember that a few of them got the microwave treatment. But that got real boring real fast. And granted, shaping CDs into guitar picks isn't as exciting as the mini light-show inside the microwave, the end-product, guitar picks are indeed a very useful item. And I'm sure other players would testify, a pick is one of those items you just never have too many of.