Thread: A+ exams. Anybody taken the new adaptive one?

A+ exams. Anybody taken the new adaptive one?

I just took my hardware portion yesterday and blew through it in like 15 to 20 minutes and got an 801 score..
    What I was wondering about is on the O/S test, what are some of the areas they hit on, and what did you not see a lot of?

I am not asking for specific answers, because that would be a violation of the NDA, but I would like to know what I need to study on and what I already have a good grasp of, so I can spend my time going over the stuff that I'm weak on to better maximize my study time.
    For instance, if they hammer on the DOS stuff, I might need to concentrate more on that than I do W-9x stuff.
    I plan on taking the second test Thursday or Friday of next week.
    lets see....CCNA 2.0, and A+= no job yet, but still lookin..
    things are tough all over ,but I will keep going to school and playing wif all me toys here at home.. thanks for any input.

I didn't have any DOS questions. I had just some basic Windows 2000 questions. How to get to safe mode in each O/S, etc. Pretty basic stuff. Let us know how you do.

Ultimate Member
    I didn't have any DOS questions either. I think they removed them and replaced with Win2k. In fact, Win2k and Win98 were the only questions I had. Pretty easy stuff really. Just study your best and learn the printing process especially. I thought the hardware part was harder, but that is because I had studied before for my MCP's I guess.

Thanks for the input, I had heard that they were not asking much on DOS, but would like to hear it from someone who actually has taken the test.

Wyvrn, I thought the hardware part would be a little harder than it was also, but since building computers from parts for 4 years, plus doing alot of reading, it made it easier. The cert test is aimed at someone with 6 months to a years worth of experiance, (according to the Comptia website) and I would imagine it would be a little harder if you were just getting into the field.

By no means do I think I know a lot, but like you said, doing all the study for another exam (CCNA for me) it kind of helps, along with liking to play with computers is a big benefit.