Thread: System Restore or Go Back/by Norton?

System Restore or Go Back/by Norton?

I just upgraded from SystemWorks 2001 to SW2002. It has this "Go Back" program like System Restore. Does anyone have a preference? I have been saved by System restore many times, so I do like this type of program.

I record music on my computer so I don't like programs running all the time in the background(system restore never caused me any problems) Does anyone have any info on which one is better?

Thanks

Try Drive Image 5.0... you create an imageof a partition, save it (to a CD-R, CD-RW or another HD or partition and you can restore it at any time , I've been using various editions for about 2 years and it has been a lifesaver.

You also make emergency boot disks so if you really screw up your system you can restore the image file from DOS... DI 5.0 is compatible with Win XP, BTW.

You can find more info here: http://www.powerquest.com

The various "go-back" programs runin the background -as you know. the perferormance hit canbe horrondus. System Restore can be used at will--providing you remember--but as other poster alluded to, lives on the same system that just crashed.

I've used Ontrack System Suite , which in addition to file/reg savers has a utility that allows you to load to floppy, use a master boot disc to get access to system and restore from there.
    Saved my neck many times.

Also quick cleans designated files in one click-always use this when I get of net.. Eats cookies. Has updateable virus-killer. Uninstaller with back-up option.Runs off one neat interface and my version takes up about one third the space pf Norton on the HDD.

Check Ontrack System Suite out!!