Thread: Oh no! Not again! (Scott -help!)

Middle Age Member

Oh no! Not again! (Scott -help!)

I don't know if anyone else is having problems with connecting to Sysopt, but I am seeing this a little often:

Former volunteer
    This again seems to be server problem. Internet.com appears to be a little less than stable recently. Their hosting of this site has netted me several errors like yours. Hopefully it will be taken care of.
    Dave

I see you use Mozilla on some flavor of KDE!

\/\/00|-|00!

Yep, me as well

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Keep up the good work.

Eddy

Yeah it is a pain to get this message after writing a long reply... sometimes hitting back does not return to "reply" page and all of those lovely electrons are lost

Banti

I haven't gotten that message but I do get A LOT of proxy time out messages though. I have this error message about 40% of the time, yes, 40%. Our Proxy server is set to 15 seconds. I just hit refresh. I am on a T1 line at work.
    Is this related or any ideas/sugestions.
    ---edwelly
    If you never try anything new,
    you will miss out of some of life's many disappointments...

I am not sure about anybody else but I have noticed a big slowdown in the internet in general since the nimba virus first appeared. I spoke the MIS manager and he said that it is because the ISP has all kinds of filters and such in plae right now to try and stop any other Nimba type viruses. We also have filers in place since the virus hit. That might just be our ISP though.

korgul

Former volunteer
    Our interent at work has suffered greatly. Our ISP is having some problems, but supposedly new firewall protocols here are slowing things down a bit. All this is due to Nimda. We didn't get hit by Code Red, but our wonderful server crew did not use the latest patches and stay on top of the situation. So we got it with Nimda instead... Oh well.

Dave

Now at least I know it aint only me experiencing difficulty...

Hmmm, daveleau you should have words with those in charge.

Nimda was nothing more than a combination of old IIS exploits rolled into one worm, the newest of which was the IDQ dll buffer overflow exploit used by both "Code Red" & "Code Red II".

If the powers that be had not patched against this by the time nimda was released then they really should get their act together.

Other vulnerabilities exploited by the nimda worm include the unicode webtraversal bug.

However those with patched servers should have little to worry about, as far as I know, apart from suffering lots of scans from less prepared people.

Regards

Eddy

whew i thought my internet was crapping out of me!

glad im not the only one!

JaYsin

KMA

I wonder why it is slow again...

Attached Images Attached Images

yeah jad that just started happening to me today!

JaYsin

I've been having this problems the last few days... I getting server hangups & extremely slow page loads...

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/ uses the same vBulletin Version 2.0.3 software and it works alittle more smoothly then here, extremely snappy when negotiating between forum subjects, especially when "backing up" thru the messages--- Photopoint friendly as it once was here (wont work now for some unexplainable reason) they dont use the "message has been edited" signal which seems better for some reason---( I dont feel redflagged for correcting my dopey spelling or wackin out my syntax) :-)

I know vB is new here and will be sorted out as we go along, being a focused Sysopt member I look forward to it getting better...

(Ive contacted vB about the Photopoint fubar but get no response, Photopoint says its a condition of the setup of vB [as I say Photopoint works in the AU vB forum]---------oh well im sure itl eventually be worked out)

Last edited by thekingofpain; 10-05-2001 at 11:00 PM.