Thread: Best brand name 512mb sdram/prices?

Best brand name 512mb sdram/prices?

Can I get some opinions/recomendations on the best name brand memory and their prices. Also where to buy. I'm looking for 512 mb sticks of sdram.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Try here,http://www.crucial.com/

Free shipping!

Thanks! I'll check it out when I get home. I'm open for more suggestions. I want to be able to compare quality and prices.

Kingston,viking, and Cosair are good but, I would go with crucial also good prices and free shipping. I would also try to get cl2 (CAS latency) if possible even though you may not see the difference between cl 2 and cl3

I agree you should go Crucial. It may not be the best or the cheapest, but it is definitely high qualiy and very inexpensive. I just bought a 256 stick of CAS 2 PC-133, and have on order a 256 stick of PC2100. Good stuff!

You can find generic stuff on www.pricewatch.com. Quality may be low, I've been burned before trying to find the cheapest.

Many overclockers like www.mushkin.com. I bought a stick, and it has been great for me. But... IMHO the added cost was not worth it. (Incidently, when I bought this stick, qualiy RAM was still over $200 for 256MB, now it can be had for $35-$40)

Thanks for all the input. Somebody just told me about Micron. How would any of you rank them?

Hometown:Owasso, OK, USA Reside:Misawa, Japan
    I'd rank Micron right up there with Crucial.

Crucial is actually Micron's memory manufacturing/distributing arm. So they're one in the same.

Couldn't agree more with everyone else...crucial is the only memory I'll put in my computers!!!

Thanks a bunch. I'm convinced. I'm going with the crucial. I really appreciate all the input everybody.