Thread: Australian survivor - lame

Australian survivor - lame

I had to start this thread and make my opinion known. The first episode aired last night and boy it was a dud. I loved seeing the yanks suffering in the wilderness, and the *****fights made it interesting.

The australian version??? The words lame, tryhard and "would rather sleep" come to mind.

The first challenge was an obstacle course which ended up throwing a flaming spear into some tinder to light it. The wind took it and 40minutes later they gave up and called the challenge off. Even the yanks can get it right!

Post your thoughts here if you've seen it. I wasted an hour watching this. Not that the american one wasn't a waste... just not as lame as this.

Well, I love survivor, though I havent seen the australian version. Is it basically the exact same thing just with aussi's?
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've
    wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went
    to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

not the same... just a poorer version. Contestants are playing for 500,000... which is ok but since the previous ones are for 1mil... well it makes it less interesting.

Yep... its lame.
    but one of the chicks is hot...

Why is this version lame...
    Well chuck a couple of Yanks in the aussie bush, and theres something interesting, Watching them trying to survive the great aussie outback.

But aussies in the Australian bush... boring.
    I do it every day myself in part.

I hear you.. They're just camping out by the beach. BIG DEAL! 39 days is a fair whack, I've only been camping for 10 before...but...even if I did camp for 39 days it wouldn't be good television!

Put the aussies somewhere else (god forbid not another tropical island!)... perhaps up there with the eskimo's?

Will anyone watch the next episode? I think it will be a failure. I certainly won't tune in and I hope others with a better idea of what constitutes entertainment will do the same.

Leave the Aussies Alone!

what's wrong with Survivor 3? the same thing that's wrong with Jurrassic Park 3 - it is the 3rd one. Ppl are getting bored not of us Aussies, but of Survivor itself. I can assure you, if we were first or even second, you guys would love us!!!
    ---=={VIRJO}==---