Thread: Fault on ASUS CUSL2 mobo

Fault on ASUS CUSL2 mobo

This board was only used for 4 weeks before it went **** up. Fault is when it boots up just gives one beep 4-5 secs then nothing no lights everything dies,Tried it in different cases, psu etc.
    This board cost me £139.99 can't get it replaced or fixed by seller as bought in computer fair and he's no longer trading (B*****D).
    Got in contact with Asus direct but won't help even phoned them in the USA,all they said was contact your supplier,they also say they have no one thats deals with returns/repairs in the UK. (T*****RS).
    As a last resort thought i'd try here,So if anyone out there has got any ideas please let me know.
    Thanks.

Welcome!

Generally, one long beep indicates a memory problem.
    Did you try substituting a known good DIMM?

MAX

Hi Max, Thanks,
    Its not that sort of beep sounds daft i know but it isn't it's got a higher pitch than normal beeps.
    but yes i have tried changing memory and everything else you can think in the realms of normality.

Are you saying that the fans stop several seconds after the beep?
    Have you discharged the CMOS?
    Have you tried removing the MB from the case?
    Lay on suitable insulating material, Install video card only, remove and reinstall CPU & DIMM. Connect PS and then momentarily short pins where power switch would go. Might post...
    Basically, remove as many variables as possible, then substitute known good parts.

Good Luck,
    MAX

sounds to me that you need to redo the flash bios, the asus website has the newest uptodate flash bios download. did the same thing on my asus mobo. you can download it and save it to floppy. the only other thing that crosses my mind is the mobo has had a voltage spike sent through it, if that is the case... it's now good for a boat weight. sorry

just remembered ..... did you set the dip switches to 0 then use the install cd, if you did check to make sure the switch bank is not installed on the mobo upside down (mine were)
    Last edited by crazycrazy; 10-05-2001 at 02:43 PM.

bios hasn't been flashed it was working ok, just booted up one morning and that was that.
    yep tried that as well took stuff out my other machine that was working fine and run it on the bench,no good though.
    doesn't look like there's much hope for it.

are you useing a safe power ( "clean power") one other thing could have caused this and that was a voltage spike

Looks like that is what must have happened,can't think of any other explaination.