Thread: Sit around and worry?

Sit around and worry?

It's sounding more and more like Bush is so worried that Bin Laden will attack US soil again that he is afraid to do any sort of counter strike against him. How long do we sit in fear? We can sit and wonder and worry about it for years or we can do something about it.

A VERY SERIOUS THREAT’
    Ashcroft warned earlier this week that there is a “likelihood of additional terrorist activity” and that the “risks go up” once the United States responds with military action. “We think that there is a very serious threat of additional problems now,” Ashcroft said. “And frankly, as the United States responds, that threat may escalate.”

I don't understand this. 6000 are DEAD....!!! This angers me that we are so worried that Bin Laden will come and shoot his little guns at us that we won't respond with military action. How long do we sit and wait? Do we wait till he strikes again....again? What about the Russion Plane that just blew up in mid-flight?

Sorry, RANT off...
    As the saying goes:
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Will we be fooled twice?
    Last edited by Sweeper; 10-05-2001 at 07:01 AM.

Ultimate Member
    I know what you're saying Sweeper .... Either we believe in freedom and are willing to defend it.... or we don't

If we have real and credible evidence of specific planned attacks, perhaps our response should be measured, but to sit here and speculate about what might happen if we strike back mean's we're compromising on our principals.

Is life so dear or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! ~~ Patrick Henry

Ultimate Member krusty the klown's Avatar
    If we have real and credible evidence of specific planned attacks
    Looks like they do!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_...00/1579043.stm

I seriously doubt that bin Laden will be allowed to get away with this atrocity if there's clear evidence... and Tony Blair's said he's seen "clear and incontrovertable" evidence that Laden was responsible.

The US and the UK are trying to make sure the coalition's firm so there's the right support, then it's *****-kicking time, I presume!

Yep, just a bit more patience

I don't think Bush is afraid, I think he's just making sure that it'll be done right, and cleanly with the most support possible. It looks like most things are in place so I don't think it's gonna be that much longer to wait now.

Think of it as an eagle circling in the air waiting for the best moment to strike

It looks like most things are in place so I don't think it's gonna be that much longer to wait now.
    I hope your right. We need them to worry about us rather than us worrying about them.

If they're not worried, they certainly should be

I've heard that the Taliban are flapping somewhat.

Ultimate Member krusty the klown's Avatar
    I've heard that the Taliban are flapping somewhat.
    Wouldn't you be??

Just a bit

Hometown:Owasso, OK, USA Reside:Misawa, Japan
    I'd hate to be in President Bush's shoes right now. All of America is ready to strike out against terrorists and the governments that harbor them. That more terrorist attacks might occur after we retaliate was only speculation before, but now there's proof that it might very well happen.

As the leader of the free world, would you really want to subject your country to more acts like we saw on Sept 11th? I doubt if the folks who are screaming for vengance and want it right now would want to endure more attacks on their fellow citizens, or on themselves.

I'm glad they're taking their time with this and not just lashing out and putting the American populace at greater risk. I don't think that our deliberate course of action right now indicates any weakness in American resolve.

The cartoon (which I'm sure you've all seen) with the eagle sitting patiently sharpening his claws sums up our current state of affairs, the way I see it.

~Edit...forgot to add: If I were a member of the Taliban or Al Queda right now, I'd be soiling my nightgown and dialing my travel agent right about now.
    Last edited by Thud; 10-05-2001 at 10:59 AM.

If anyone think's Bush is just sending military over there to just sit anw do nothing...your sadly mistaken.

This is beginning to look like the same amount of preperation that went into setting up to go into Iraq by Bush Sr.

If I were in the taleban shoe...I'd be digging a big hole to hide in...cause it won't be long. ( They probably think we will bomb them and let them live like Saddam got away with...too bad for them, they just don't know Saddam is going out with them this time )
    WINDOWS 2000....Need I say more!