Thread: ECS Elite Group

ECS Elite Group

Thought this board was suppose to be good after reading Toms Hard{ware}. I guess not or do I have a bad mobo?

Ok I have installed all my components then ran into the stupid Fan 4beep problem. But now when ever I try to reinstall an OS I run into either problems w/ scan disk where it freezes, comes across a Fix It and freezes or just gets stuck before Scan Disk. Or when i get to to it, it says I have a Divide Overflow Error. I cant even install an OS. I have tried new cable, 3 hard drives and many start up disks. Thats when I try to install 9x kernal, with win2k I get a INF Line error. Dont know what the heck is going on, i keep formating and trying to get this bad boy to work but can, anyhelp would be apreciated.

Also I have never ran AMD and I ordered a Thunderbird CPU and I boot up Athlon, is that correct, or do all AMD stuff boot up Athlon on bootscreen?

Yes, they all show up as athlon.

What ECS board are you running?

Have you cleared the CMOS (that can cause problems)?

Is this a brand new install or are you moving an old harddrive into this system?

I've had problems with Win2K and changing hardware. If you could give some more information, I'm sure someone can help you.

im replacing the mb and cpu. I have the k7vza board on a 950tbird. I have tried to install all 9x and win2k and I get errors or it freezes up during install or scan disk. Its reporting File00##.chk errors and when it tried to fix them it freezes. I have uses different hard drives and have formated several times yet nothing. I have cleared the CMOS and still no luck. I think its a board defect, something to do w/ the IDE controller/s. B/c i have swapped the HD's on other PCs and they have no problem(let alone i have to format them again once on the system). INF Line errors, and Divide Overflow Error, and sudden freezes on the scandisk. I really think its a board defect but what do you see in mind?

Dumb question:

Did you try different RAM and a different PSU?

i have tried different memory

Well, I think you've exhausted most if not all of your options....

If these drives work on other systems and you've replaced those other parts, I'd say it's the mobo. I'd keep the thread open and see if someone smarter then me has any other ideas.