Thread: Monitor not coming back on after standby mode

Monitor not coming back on after standby mode

Im using 98SE. When I wake the system up from standby, for some reason the monitor refuses to come back on...The HD's will spin back up, fans come online, but not the monitor.......It worked fine before....but I dont know what app may have caused the change.

Any Sugg.???

i get the same porblem as you, u arent alone, but have you tried letting it go into sleep mode with all teh apps closed, sometimes i leave a ap or 2 open and go off somewhere and when i come back it wont leave sleep mode just like yours, no monitor, could be a couple things like overheation but just try letting it go into sleepmode with all apps closed and see what happens and reaport back for others to learn
    jak

You know..I may have had that problem a while back also. I think I disabled my screensaver in windows and that problem went away.

The power save feature for the monitor is activated through the graphics card. Maybe try updating the video driver. Also, try another video card if you have it.

Different computer, but same type of problem. I don't use STANDBY. It's too much pain. I have a hit or miss problem getting the monitor to turn back on. I usually have to turn the monitor off and on manually to get it to turn back on.

Pete1 solution worked for me also.I have newly built Pc first time into sleep mode couldnt wake monitor had to switch off and reawaken. everything was dead.I have since had no problem and dont use screensaver also I dont leave programmes open