Thread: Corel Office

Corel Office

I'm having trouble trying to save a document on a blank disk in Corel WordPerfect on Win2k!

You see, when I use a disk with stuff in it, it saves rather well without any problems. Now, if I insert a floppy disk without any info (read.. new!), it doesn't want to save to the drive and it just shows me the contents of drive c:!

I know I can save it to the hard disk and use explorer and save the file to the floppy but that is not the idea of the Save as button in the programs!!!!!!

Is there a way around this? A setting? Something?

Thanks in advanced.!
    eagle1 signing off.....

Nobody has had this problem?
    Is it fixable by patches or something?
    Maybe their service pack 4?
    eagle1 signing off.....

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that Corel looks for a disk with existing info to save to. My guess again is that you do a lot of Save As and send it to the A: drive. Corel may be remembering that setting, checking the A: drive, and if it finds files there already, makes the A: drive available by default. If not, it switches back to the C: waiting for you to tell it which folder to put the file in.

There should be a box in that window that lets you select the A: drive even though Corel is not showing it by default.

Let us know how you make out.

Ultimate Member
    Have you formated the new disk. Some times Correl won't se a disk that is not formated. Or at least my Corel7 does every once and a while. Every time it has done this to me. I'll go to my computer and format the A: drive and then save to disk.

Well, I have already tried to select Drive A from my computer but it just wont find it and drops me back to drive C:. About the disk, they are already pre formated but I'll give it a try.!

Thanks.!
    eagle1 signing off.....

Ultimate Member
    Supposed preformated. I do a format just to make sure. I have had trouble before with preformated disks and not doing it.
    I had one disk about a month ago. I formated it. Made a boot disk out of it. Windows showed all the correct files on it. When I tried to boot a new computer I got a invalid disk error. It couldn't
    read the disk. Tried to boot my computer with it. No go. Made another boot disk on seperate floppy it worked no problems. This took me a couple of hours to figure out. (After I bought a new floopy drive and cable and it still wouldn't see the disk).This was a new disk also. Iomega brand.
    Last edited by Philip1952; 10-05-2001 at 10:30 AM.

Are you having trouble selecting the A:drive if you try to save to the floppy from another program or just with Corel? For example, will Notepad or Wordpad let you select the A: drive?

As I understand it, drive selection is a Windows function, not Corel's. If you have the problem in other programs as well, I'd suspect a problem with your Windows installation.