Thread: I need a basic sound recorder

I need a basic sound recorder

I am looking for a basic sound recorder like windows sound recorder but able to record longer then 60 seconds. Fancy features with music not needed. I will be using a microphone to dictate notes into it and saving the files. Any suggestions. Freeware or shareware. Thanks, Frank.

Goldwave is shareware and is a simple and easy to use sound recorder, also come with some cool features.

Im not sure about this, but could it be that one cannot extend the recording time in windows sound recorder?

Most soundcards you buy come with some simple editing software, especially SoundBlaster. Not sure what you have, but you might check on that if you have a soundcard that's not integrated onto the motherboard. Also, if you have Adaptec EZ CD Creator Deluxe, it has a sound editor that lets you record and save as a Wave file.

I use Total Recorder it is extremely versatile, I can even record online streaming media and save the output as MP3 or Wave.

I use Sound Studio (or was it Wav Studio?)..it cam with my SBLIve soundcard.

I have used Goldwave to convert records to wave files and it worked great.

If you are using Sound Recorder, just hit the Record button when it gets to the end and it will record another 60 seconds and then do it again and again as long as you want, or if you hit Stop (to pause) at say, the 10 second mark and hit Record again, it adds 60 sec. to the 10 and hit Stop again at say 42 it adds 60 when you hit Record again and so on. Click, File| Properties|Convert Now to shrink the file size down when you Save it.