Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Severe bootup problems that needs HELP ASAP!

upz

I happen to focus on value oriented solutions (MaxVal, get it?).
    What’s wrong with a cheap PIII 600? Certainly no slug!
    Sounds like you now have two CPU's, so why not an inexpensive BX or 815e MB. Make sure to select a board with overclocking features such as many FSB choices and core voltage boost.
    You don't mention if you have overclocked before, but I'd say your chip should do 700+MHz easily!
    As for Tualatin, It's one fast chip, but expensive, and the MB's are expensive too! Not to mention how could it be anything else but a dead end?

Just my 2 cents....

MAX

Thxs but I reallly dun understand what you are tryin toi advise/assist?
    I'm currently not that keen with O/C-king topics & believed me, previous CPU of mine can easily obtained 800~822MHz @1.65v hence, I doubt this present one should have any problem acheving my same results if I wished to. But, I'm more inclined & desperate with trying to insolate my predicament. BTW, I'm quite confused with those Abit BX133 model mobo, which claimed ATA100, 4XAGP which I am not clear why it's capable since it's relying in those BX440 chipsets????? which mines is an example, only allows ATA-33 & 2XAGP? Does Abit have any miracle solutions in retaining this stable "old" Intel's 440BX chipsets? Plus, if using such 440LX chipsets, can it also support PIII-600E should there be needs to resort to using converter card??? Thanks.

Trying to keeps this post up in the hopes of seeking solutions ASAP. Thxs...........:sad:

It would appear that your MB is very likely the problem. Replacing it inexpensively is in my mind the best option.
    The LX chipset is DMA33 only as far as I can recall. I doubt that this would seriously impact performance even with the fastest hard disks. You might consider a Promise U/66 card to maximize disk transfers and give additional expansion room if so inclined. I have purchased these cards for less than $15!!
    As far as AGP 4x, again I doubt you would notice the difference.
    Some of the later BX chipsets included a separate chip to provide U/66. Some used the Promise chip, (my preference), others the High Point chip. The only down side to the BX in my mind is the lack of a 1/2 AGP divider. That's why I limited my overclock number.
    By the way, I bet your 600e is virtually identical to an 800eb. You got em, use em!
    I make these comments with conservation of capital my main goal.

MAX

I do have this PCI Promise Ultra66 which I did installed on my suspected defective EpoX BX-6 which you are trying to suggest. So I had all the necessary cards, if I do intends to resort to using BX-chipsets motherboard which is selling at more cheaper prices. However, that is another factor, all I wanted to know before I can confirmed & verify for sure that this present EpoX is totally dead but I still don't quite believe so becos the whole board still can powered up it's default fan's HDD, CDROM and even it's onboard sensor leds for indicating that power is connected....except that it's not gonna allows me to successfully post and detect monitor...as I'm simply confused why the dignostic onbaord debug LEDS shows "successful booting " "FF" if you happens to know what I am trying to explain with such Epox boards.

heyal again ,

If you've swapped out power supplies and know for sure the one you swapped out was good then and I know you said you tried the ram but have you tried switching banks of ram
    IE: if they are different put the 2 that are same together and and the different one -skip a bank and then try to power up again

just did upgrade this morn and had to do same thing.

good luck,
    sb
    Thank ya kindly,
    Southern Belle

{{{{Stand Tall, Stand Strong, Stand True,
    We are the Proud Red, White and Blue!
    We are Free, We are Americans!}}}}

Refresh.....S.O.S.

Strangely, it occured to me that quite a few others faced similar problems such as mine but regrettably, no one seems to be able to rectify.

I had no idea there is a built in post card.
    I downloaded the manual and there is a detailed list of error messages, but from what you write the display indicates the post completed successfully! I don't get it!
    What things are displayed on the LED's during the post test?
    You get no beeps at all?
    At the completion of a good post you should hear a single beep!
    Is the speaker good?

MAX

MaxVal and Southern Bell are on the same track I was thinking on.

If you get a single "beep", the power on self test completed successfully. If you did NOT, that usually means the RAM memory was not read. I have had this problem be as simple as bad memory, memory boards not seated properly, incorrect memory type (hey, the geek at the company's home page said the board could be "overclocked" using PC100 memory. I was only dumb enough to believe him!) mismatched memory (is this still a problem? I think this problem disappeared when you no longer had to install memory in pairs).

Of course, I DO still have a unit waiting for repairs, which I believe to have a bad MB. Similar problems, with no beep from the POST, and known good memory. The consensus here is bad MB, but I would check the memory BEFORE I order the new one.

Asp

Thanks for trying to assists, speculating in bad mobo is also my present priority but as all knew, it costs alot too, hence I would rather simply tries to eliminates all those concerned issues then ultimately relents if the conflicts is really that motherboard.

I guessed my new purchased of motherboard resolved all these conflicting teething issues..... should have just simply grab a new board, although I somehow got an advice of flashing this un-able to boot up motherboard's BIOs, which is the cause.