Thread: Excite @home and bankruptcy...your thoughts?

Excite @home and bankruptcy...your thoughts?

I know this subject has been brought up in the past about excite@home going bankrupt..but now its official and AT&T will acquire the assets of Excite@home.
    How do you tihnk this will affect pricing plans? will they go up again? I know I had AT&T@home when I lived in teh St. Louis area and I paid around $42 a month for service. This will put AT&T in the lead as the cable service operator.
    I guess my concern is mroe on a personal level. I just moved to the cincinnati area and I am moving into an apartment in about 2 weeks. I was considering the local @home service (powered by Insight Communications--the local cable operator) but with this turmoil, I don't know if I want to. There is also aDSL available in my area. What do you think?

Paul C.

link to bankruptcy info

Doesn't AOL/Time Warner own At&T? Does that mean that I'm an AOL user now?

When a company gets a reputation for bad service, how do they expect to survive?

AT&T already owns the cable system in my area... so this shouldn't change much.... I hope...

heyal,

Wasn't there a 3rd event happening a merger or something with another company too?

They basically lease or sell for At&t yet for instance in San Diego area they have Cox Cable...they're rates were running cheaper than Northern Ca in the Bay Area..

They also offer you a lease or ownership of cable modem plan yet they won't sell theirs just give option the same RCA cable modem that they are charging us as leasing / rental ends up costing over $300. over a cple yrs, RCA selling it at $149.

For service & equipment mo pymt $39.99 is $479.88 per year @ 3yrs $1439.64
    Now raised price w/in 6mo to $45.99 is $551.88 per year @ 3yrs $1655.64

Now if you OWN your own cable modem your discount is $10.00 off ...

$29.99 /$359.88 /$1079.64
    $35.99 /$431.88 /$1295.64

They're price Lease $439.45 Purchase:$329.45 when 1yr pre-pay
    Plus the subsidary or partnerships fees / profits are buco bucks

dayum we pay alot out for it don't we. anyway compare this to DSL and see cost diff. then go from there but I would say they are making enough and some to be stable prices are way to high for but until these other /new companies spread out far enough we're stuck...another ms [wow modem deal that sucks sheite]

wow long post sorry just pointing out something now i forgot my whole point dayum
    sb
    Thank ya kindly,
    Southern Belle

{{{{Stand Tall, Stand Strong, Stand True,
    We are the Proud Red, White and Blue!
    We are Free, We are Americans!}}}}