Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone using thier mouse upside down

anyone using thier mouse upside down

ive been using a mouse upside down since my first computer, it was a 386 33sx. all the mice coming out these days are all ergonomiclly correct. this sucks for an upside down mouse user. im using a microsoft intellimouse. not only did i buy it for the cool red stuff on the bottom at the time but i can also grab it by the **** end. after a year of use the buttons have developed a sweet spot thats hard to hit if its upside down. i was wondering if there is some type of prog that will invert the axis of the mouse so i can use maybe a track ball or some thing. right now they are impossible to use. on a weird not i mouse right side up with my left hand.

What?!! I can't seem to make any sense out of what you just posted. Your saying you grab your mouse by the end with the cord on it facing toward you?
    This will all be over before you can say Cat in a Hat.

LOL

Wait you were joking right?

caddmannq
    ya got a link as to where I can find one? Thanks..
    Madfish
    Space Cat to the Rescue!

I had a client who used her mouse upside down. I wanted to beat her silly with the thing. I never could understand it either. I don't know how she took care of the cord problem. I said she should just get a cordless one because she couldn't find a trackball she liked either.

I don't understand what you people mean with 'upside down', I’m having major trouble imagining this

Cadd,
    Mouse elbow! Thats spooky, for the last 2 mths my right elbow has been so dead. Ive taken to propping up my arm on a a chair.
    Mousing only with wrist and hand.

Mouse elbow may replace tennis elbow. Symptoms are similar.
    Feels like arthritis. A feeling I know well, having broken a lot of bones, and having ruined knees and ankles.

Crikey! I thought I had one wing left. Only broken fingers on my right arm. [Wont count the 3 piece collarbone]
    Mind the elbow is probably, swinging a tech's tool bag for too long!

Chrs Rusty.

BTW There is a suggestion that tennis elbow in non tennis players may be caused by:

Over Use, lifting glasses,..... Guilty. They are heavy!
    Pullers Cramp,...................... Pass. Puhlease!

Yeah...it's called a trackball!

Most natural pose would be with your hand vertically, like shaking hands with the mouse. Haven't found a vertical mouse pad however Did saw a vertical keyboard (prototype) onetime.

I use a trackball at work and I am not sure, but I think it prevents RSI (mouse arm) better than other mice.

oh my god. i cant wait to show this post to the guy next to me at work. he uses his mouse upside down and i ridicule him to no end for it!!!! how funny this post is.

SD
    you cant wear your emotions on your sleeve if you dont want them ripped off

I think they mean Invert Mouse.

well i turn the mouse around and grab it with my thumb and the finger near the pinky and use my index finger to click the buttons. i rest my rist on the table and move the mouse around with my hand the arm never moves.
    i play unreal tournament like that also and mostly come out on top. ive noticed ive got a lot more control just moving my fingers. i dont have a problem with mouse elbow cause it never moves but my pinky will start hurting after a couple of hours of game play cause it just sort of hangs around suspended.

I guess I understand now what your saying. If I fully understand you then I use my mouse the same way. I only control my mouse with a movement of my wrist and not my whole arm. My index and middle finger rest on top of the mouse to click the buttons. My thumb sits on one side of the mouse and my pinky and ring finger sit on the other side. Its just easier for me like that.
    This will all be over before you can say Cat in a Hat.

Ultimate Member
    Well, that's how I use a mouse--

first finger and middle finger control buttons, ring and pinky grip the other side, thumb sits to the other side.

Who else does it differently?

Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA Home of the FREE!!
    I invert my mouse when I'm playing 1st person shooters. Doesn't effect my regular Windows usage though.
    I just got my brand new 8086XT! They threw in a 13" CGA monitor free!!