Thread: Tbird 1200 266fsb Cpu, Ddr Motherboard, Fan Combo $167

Tbird 1200 266fsb Cpu, Ddr Motherboard, Fan Combo $167

Tomorrow will be here yesterday!

"reseller ratings" 3.5/7.........They aint half bad.

Mike

nope not bad at all. just posting it for other to see and decide for themselves

JaYsin

GroundZero3,

I know what you mean. I don't buy from anyone without checking out their rating on Reseller Ratings. 3.5 out of 7 aint half bad. Of course they aint half good either. Before I found out about Reseller Ratings, buying something online used to be a real **** shoot.

Companies change too! I used to use one company quite a lot. Had real problems on one order. I thought what happend to this company. Then I found about Reseller Ratings. Went to check out their rating and it had fallen to 3.5 out of 7. There were also a lot of comments from customers asking the same question I had. What happened to these folks? They used to be so good!

Mike

P.S., Fisheagle, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the effort.
    Last edited by Xeroid; 09-25-2001 at 11:51 PM.

No problem man.
    Tomorrow will be here yesterday!

yeah me neither i wasn't thread crapping or anything. just helping out fellow sysopts on deciding where to buy

JaYsin

Hey

Just to let you know, Groundzero3 and all the other sysopt's it you guys that have helped me with everything i have gotten for my computer and helped me with my overclock. Thanks for being knowledgable and cool about everything

-Sech

Here's one for ya -->> Biostar m7vkS, 266 fsb, Built-in sound and video, micro ATX 3 PCI, 1 ISA, 1 AMR ~~~Price for PHONE ORDERS, MUST MENTION PRICE WATCH - with cpu - AMD Athlon TBird 1.4GHz(266FSB) w/ Fan & Heatsink Price for PHONE ORDERS ONLY~~~~($ 167) shipping starts @ 15.99

Peach PC
    800-804-3207
    770-995-8233

More than likely the HSF isn't worth it but if you want to o/c you'll want to get the Thermalright SK6 or an Alpha PAL8045U or something in that range of a quality HSF for your cpu anyway.

Good luck!

Dmek,

I agree with you about the heat sink but if he wants a system witha ge-force and soundblaster, he might be paying for options he doesnt need.

Just a thought.

-Sech

You're absolutely right Sech. Me personally, I would by everything seperately. When you buy in bundles from anyone you're bound to pay for something you really don't want or need. When you know exactly what you want and can get the best price for it satisfaction is almost guaranteed. I have built several systems that way and have been more than pleased with them all old and new alike. Patience is the key to any purchase though. Rush if you must but don't expect much. Happy pc building to all!

DMEK,

Im so glad we see eye-to-eye. I have built the system im on now, My first system i built by myself, ever. What do you think?

Celeron II 700 o/c @ 1056 (100x10.5)
    Elsa Ge-Force2 MX400
    512 pc-133 ram
    ATA 100 7200rpm hd 20 gig
    VIA s370 chipset mobo (although it is generic, genuienly happy with its performance)
    Soundblaster live w/ the accompanying 4.1 creative FPS 1800 speakers...

So??? What do you think for a newbie? LOL

-Sech

Not bad Sech. Not bad at all. I bought my first cpu from a retailer. It was an Intel PII 350 with like 64MB ram. It was the thing to have at the time. After learning a few things about cpu's I decided to go out on a limb and build my own. I built an AMD K7 700 with an FIC SD11 mobo and 128MB ram, then slowly upgraded from there. Got an additional 128MB ram, a Voodoo 5 5500 vid card, Zip 100 INT., SB PCI128 sound, etc.... That was then. I still have my same sound and vid. cards, but now I have built an AMD socket A 1.2Ghz @ 1.4Ghz (10.5x133) 266FSB, 512MB Crucial DDR, Enlight 7237 case w/300w psu, Toshiba CDR/DVD. My Voodoo is outdated but still a fantastic card! I will eventually upgrade to a Gainward Geforce2 Pro/450 vid card and an Enermax 451w psu. I'm sure I can squeeze a few more Hz out of my 1.2Ghz with that. Intel has a good thing going when it comes to cooling the kernel on their chips, I just wish they wouldn't be so proud of their product (price-wise). For a first built system, as they say in Hollywood, "You done real good kid"! Never stop searching for the best stuff. It's like buying a car bro, as soon as you drive it off the lot it looses it's value. There will always be something better coming along in a few weeks. The way things are moving now it will be more like hours. Glad to see you're as enthusiastic about it all as I am. Do your research by getting help from good people like in these forums but also check out other valid and reputable sites like http://www.tomshardware.com , http://www.anadtech.com , & http://www.sharkyextreme.com . These sites, if you don't know already, offer great advice and very helpful tips on how to make your cpu experience the best it can be. The rest is up to you.

Thanks dmek,

I agree again with you. First off as soon as the componenets are on the motherboard their is something better, and if you buy it why not get the most out it. I also agree with you about Intel being a great chipmaker but being a tad proud.
    When i first built my system i was newbie and didnt really know what was hot, but i guess i just got lucky. And since joining sysopt, my knowledge has grown enourmously. I have been able to overclock, tinker with the smallesy details yo emphasize perofrmance and more.
    And it also looks like you have quite a beast there yourself, and have seen your your way around many computer parts. Ill make sure i keep in touch with you in case anything every goes wrong.

-Sech

heyal,

just thought i'd let yal know that webuildpcs is same as ability wholesale and central computers.

purchased couple of items from them had to get replacement shim but they were great about it and seem to be great folks.

I'd buy from them again without a worry.

oh and surprisingly we talked about pc cases and their s&h was aprox $6+ for them was really low. though they couldn't beat the deal i got since company was local but they are even getting some of the same cases if i'm not mistaken.

anyway they were good about everything even answering questions just to help me out.

good luck,
    sb
    Thank ya kindly,
    Southern Belle

{{{{Stand Tall, Stand Strong, Stand True,
    We are the Proud Red, White and Blue!
    We are Free, We are Americans!}}}}