Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the best printer

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Brandon, ask your pal if the 440 can be refilled easily, if he knows.

That is the one I said Office Depot has for $50.00, which is cheaper than buying ink cartridges for my HP's.

Granted the HP Photosmart(Old Style)will do about 100 8x10" glossy photos per set, which ain't too bad.

I now have as a second photo printer a HP 710, ooohh laa laa,, good quality, if you have a lifetime to wait for the pic.
    Takes about 20 min to do one 8x10, however this is on medium quality, and looks GREAT, glossy paper only..

Ultimate Member

Cool

Epson 440 - If you are looking for a good price.

A friend of mine has one, and what they can do for that price is pretty good.

- Brandon

Lightbulb

I like my Alps Printers (1K and 5K) The 1k is discontinued but I've seen them in some stores for under $200. Uses Ribbon cartridges for about $7 ea...For B&W that's inexpensive and the for color printing (although slow) it's superb.

Banned

Cool

So you tell me HP = superb quality = expensive refilling!
    Epson = good qulity but degrades with time = cheap refilling?
    I have to admitt both don't realy convince me. What about Canon do they have good printers?

cool°
    Variable

Win_98

Lightbulb

In my opinion HP are the best printer, most expensive, and the refill are quite resonable enought. Some people avoid them because they can't afford it. If I am poor, I likely go with lexmark z11 that cost almost nothing after rebate. But why settle for slow printer when you can afford more. Don't even think about Canon, they have much worst quality then any other printer I'd seen, streak all over the page. Just think of it as a big and clumsy printer that has to shake your whole desk while it print, it also a poor man version of Epson with worse quality that has to do the same cleaning maintenance upon turning it on.