Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment Drive for Sysopt Cancer Cracking Team

Welcome to all the new members. Soon we will be up there amongst the leaders letting everyone know Sysopt means business.

I wonder if anyone would mind letting me setup this siftware on our server here at the office

Don't get yourself sued like that guy in Georgia did, club_med. BTW, I'm in.

Hey, it says I only have 1 GB of storage perfomance as compared to the 5 GB average. What's up with that?? Is it because Win2k is on an 8 GB partition?

Nope! have no fear! The great thing about this setup is that it can be setup with crazy options! bad part, is that you have to send in your current WU (work unit) before they changes take place. How do i do this you ask? Simple Ok, Here we go!

1.) Log on to the UD Web site under your user name.

2.) Goto the Members Drop down menu -> My Device Manager -> Profiles.

3.) Click on the Highlighted link to the Defualt Config.

4.) Tweak at will! (here you can set the size of your HDD ) After you are done click save and the next update all computers that are setup to use the defualt config will use the new setup you just saved . You can also create new configs by going back to the profiles section, and click the Create New Profile link.

5.) Now, When you first install the software on the computer it will use the defualt setup for the first WU. However if you have another profile you wish that computer to use goto the Configuration page, Members Drop down menu -> My Device Manager -> Configuration. Then click on the name of the computer that you installed and use the drop down menu that will load up on the page to set the correct profile. Click save and on the next update it will use the new profile

Once again welcome to the team every body!

-: phenious :-
    Last edited by phenious; 09-20-2001 at 11:21 AM.

Also, if you have checked out the web site and are currently wondering why the heck your name is NOT up there dont fret! Im the web master for the team and have found it easyer to not put names up untill a member has cracked for 7 days doing work. That way I dont have to remove people if they decied not to work on the project as often Simple and Easy and I think all of you will make it up there!

Yup 7 days soon passes by when you know it is for Sysopt and to help find a cure for cancer. Remember and ask all your friends with PC's to join up for the cause and we will wade through all the other teams easilly on the way to the top where Sysopt belongs.

*Looks around to see if anyone is looking and gives this thread a ^^^BUMP^^^

Ugggh... the progress curve on this thing is killing me. Within the first 2 hours of CPU time this thing saw, I made it through 20% of the first work unit (I guess that's what you call it). And now after 14 and a half hours in which the UD agent got 90% or more of the CPU cycles, I'm at 49%. It's like it gets harder as it goes on. I'm only running a 500 K6-2 (OC from a 450), with 192 Megs of RAM booted into win2K right now, but I would expect better results than this. What's up?

Hey have no fear. The project bases of stats is mainly on points, not the ammount of WUs returend Ok... Points are determined on the ammount of time taken on the WU, And your over all score that is compared to the "Test System". Anyways when you get a WU that takes a long time you normally get lots of points which is what makes you more likely to get some cash prizes or for every 4K of points 1 webmile to the make a wish foundation. Check your scores

Well, I need a score first. BTW, what are Hits? They are on the application screen in the upper right hand corner of the window displaying the molecule. So far I have 13.

Each hit is a positive interaction and possibly a cure for cancer, that molecule will not be discarded and will be send for further testing at Oxford University. Not having any WU with hits also helps as then this molecule can be taken out of the equation and discarded from testing which hopefully gets us even closer to finding a cure.

Also when you get a hit in a molecule more thorough routines are then run which makes the WU take longer to complete. I have set up a client on a k6-2 450 and it was doing some WU in 4 hours, they all vary in size. Check out our team website in the link below for any other info you may want and welcome to the team.

http://www.bi786.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    Last edited by Brydon; 09-21-2001 at 09:07 AM.

^bump^

Ok, what's up with this: I got the same protein target twice. Not twice in a row, but the 1st and 3rd work units were exactly the same protein target.

Well, I need a score first.
    geez if you're not worrying about scoring it's quantity! sheesh,,

and sometimes it sez my system sux, and sometimes not..
    just get to work

Heh...heh heh heh....surrealchereal said "scoring".
    KT7A-RAID
    64 bios
    1ghz AMD Thunderbird
    TaiSol CGK760092 hsf
    Micron 256mb pc-133 cas 3
    Maxtor 40gb ATA-133 7200rpm
    Visiontek GeForce4 Ti 4200 agp
    Plextor 40x12x40 cdrw
    SupraMAX 56i modem
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Win XP Pro