Thread: 2 things I hate...

2 things I hate...

I hate forwards with the > signs all over the place. I just cleaned one up and sent it to the person who sent it and her/my friends, along with a note about turning off that dang forward arrow. And I hate them when they promise stuff and threaten you. Not that I worry about such threats, but it just gets old! AAAUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I also hate remodelling. I live with my 'rents who decided to remodell most of the house while we lived in it. Why couldn't we just move if they didn't like it???? I have resolutely decided that when I am married and have a home, if the wife or I don't like it, we are moving! I will not allow a full-scale remodelling of the house I live in! It will not happen! A bathroom, a kitchen, a bedroom...I can deal with 1 of those being done, but not 3 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, hall, plus minor work on 4 bedrooms, RE-FINISHING AND RE-VARNISHING 3 of the largest rooms in the house. It was toooooooo much! Thank you Jesus, it is over!!! (I think)

Oh yeah, don't forget about the workers at my house from 9-6 and even 7. Its pretty annoying to come home from work or whatever and have people working in your house. YUCK!

Don't do it! Everyone heed my warnin!

aahhhhhhhhhhhhh (sigh) much better.

Timbob

Here's a nifty little freeware program that will clean up your email and make all those little arrows disappear.

JP

For half of last year and a month of this year, we had this 19-20 year old girl live with us from Paraguay - VERY, very long story. Anyhew, she was a chat FREAK! She was also the stupidest person I ever met (NOT EXAGERATING). What was really funny was when she'd write an email, she would insert those > characters at the start of each line, like the email wouldn't "work" if she didn't type that! LOL!

Warthog

Ultimate Member
    Turn Off Indents - Beemers Windows Tips

LOL Warthog, that's pretty sad. Did you ever try and send her an email without the indents? Anyway, I feel better now that I was able to catharsize....aahhh.....sysopt to the rescue!

Timbob

[This message has been edited by Timbob505 (edited 08-30-2001).]

Ultimate Member
    A couple of things regarding the remodeling. You said when you have your own place, you'd move rather than remodel???
    Just wait 'till you find out that the costs of buying/ selling a house (closing costs, moving expenses..) can equal or exceed the cost of a remodel - NOT including the price difference between the two!!

Then there's other considerations like those good friends & neighbors nearby, familiarity of an area, & memories in a house.

On my street, many of us are 2nd generation & major remodels are common. One house had an "addition" which dwarves the original house, another had a 2nd story added. Yet another neighbor did the ultimate "remodel". Wore out the old house, knocked it down & built a new one on the same site! Our house has had additions and remodels, and I'm starting plans for the next big job. Build on & add about 10 ft to the kitchen...
    Can't wait!!!

The problem with our remodelling was: It is VERY expensive, the cost is about 1/3 the appraised value of our house. Also, we weren't adding so much as we were changing, to the point of no useful kitchen for 2 weeks and when it was usable, we had to be careful not to spill ANY water on the cabinets and drawers until they were stained - the last thing that was done! On top of that we had visitors all the time, so I kept getting evicted out of my room. Then while my parents room was being done, they moved all of their clothes into my tiny closet and dresser....it got quite annoying. It wouldn't have been so bad if we had more house, or if we were adding on so that it didn't affect us as much. It was just too much hassle for me. I don't mind some remodelling, I am just sick of it for now!

Ed_S: Here in Arlington, privacy fences are common, and neighborhood parties are not. Not very many people are "rooted" here. Your points are well taken and I hope someday I may live in a place like that where I want to stay near my neighbors and friends. I want a house that is full of memories, just not a house I have to keep changing or fixing! Good luck on the kitchen, I hope it turns out nice!

Timbob