Thread: Microsoft's Bank Account!!

Microsoft's Bank Account!!

Saw on the news tonight where Microsoft has 30 (B)illion sitting in their bank account. Response was that they never know when they may need to buy this company or that company.

Must be nice...

1.5 years ago Bill had that kind of cash. Enter Reno and the Justice Dept. and Bill loses 24 BILLION. So? Ask all the investors and the unions that had their retirement in Microsoft stock.

haha same here, Cadd *swears at Win98 - again*

How did they lose 24 billion in a lawsuit....that hasn't had any results yet except a ruling?

Warthog

What did you say was the Microsoft banking accounts number??? If its located on M$ server... well, lets put it this way, I'll be soon taking a looooooooong vacation....

The loss was on paper in the stock market. When the US decided to bring suit against Microsoft the stock market plummeted. Hundreds of billions of dollars of value of stocks gone. Isn't that a loss?

ahhhhhh I see...I even understand the stock market and didn't see that ...well, that's what early morning posting gets you.

Warthog

I consider them late night posts.

I wonder whether, MS' net worth compares to, the likes of IBM, Boeing, etc.
    You guys are closer, like to comment?
    Cheers R.

Wouldn't it be nice if M$ took some of that money and spent it on deveolping a half decent piece of software

'we can dream'

Microsoft stock was devalued on the stock exchange. This hurt the people who bought it.
    Not the company. Once they issue stock and sell it, rising stock prices have little to do with the actual value of the company.
    Smaller dividends for stockholders.
    Employees getting stock instead of salary get screwed. They are on contract.
    Micro. can buy their shares back at a low price and resell on the next rise.

The company is immune only if they have no stock in the company. What company would do that? I buy stocks based on the company's ability to generate profit. If the company owns none of it's own stock why would anybody else?