Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your feelings or thoughts on the Microsoft Results.

Post Your feelings or thoughts on the Microsoft Results.

What are your feelings about Microsoft? What do you think will happen to us as a result of the courts decision? Will there be anyone favorably or adversely affected?

Lightbulb

There isn't going to be diddley squat happen except that the whole thing is the attornies enrichment project. There will be a lot of posturing by politicians on both sides and a lot of bull feathers thrown around but in the end nothing will change. The news outlets will try to make something out of it because they think they are supposed to, but we will all wind up bored as hell with the the whole subject.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

<--- already bored with it

Lightbulb

I'm bored with it too.

Thumbs up

Now is a good time to be an attorney for MS. They're going to be well paid for a few years...

Lightbulb

What is interesting is that MSIE and it's O/S's are to be in 2 seperate companys.

Have Microsoft finaly got one in the eye from netscape? Will windows and IE have to be prized back apart? The one genuine inovation MS seem to have made and the American DoJ have messed it up.

Thumbs down

The US legal system is so corrupt and screwed up that one cannot trust almost any decision made in the system, let alone one that will dramatically change the future of business in the way we know it.

You want to talk about a stinkin' monopoly -- then let's see some court action on the cable companies. I can only get one cable service here now, and they're squeezing the life out of their customers. They almost charge you for looking at the overhead calbe lines outside your house!!! I'd have a better chance of having broccoli grow out of my eye than seeing the justice department/courts take on the cable companies (the media!!!).

Oh, what a world...

Tony

P.S. I hope MS shoves it up the proverbial **** of the US government and moves that 40 or so miles north to Canada. There's a government that really wants them.

[This message has been edited by tonym (edited 06-07-2000).]

Well, i am really not going to worry about it right now since they still have to go through the appeals process that can take up to two years. In the mean time Microsoft is going to do some sort of filling so that they do not have to make any changes until the appeal process is over. it seems that microsoft is pretty confident that they will win the appeal. So who knows and i am not going to worry about it now. I just want to try Windows Me.

Lightbulb

It is a shame...the only reason they were brought to court is not contributing to the DNC.

I don't even near consider them a monopoly...I don't care what the judge said in his political correctness! MS makes windows and MS makes IE...MS can do with them what ever it wants...and if combining them works...they own it anyway!

Now...If I see Netscrape bundled with Redfat...can I sue them too?

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Actually, it's very interesting if you look at the timing of Bill Gates's discussions with the Democratic party against the government taking action against Microsoft.

Namely, every time Gates has refused a request from Clinton to hire lobbyists or champion causes, a fresh round of Microsoft 'investigations' have occured. Now I'm not a Clinton conspiracy theorist or a Microsoft-lover, but it doesn't take much to realize that Microsoft is the world's biggest corporation and Gates's the world's richest man--and yet the political party he supports sees almost NONE of that money.

Coincedence? I think not.

But....I hate the idea of smashing Microsoft. After all, if you had to pick, which would you rather compete against? A big slow whale (Microsoft today) or four fast sharks? (a broken-apart Microsoft).

Angry

I'm not a big fan of either entity. I could really care less what happens Microsoft, per se. However , there were some serious infractions and corporate backstabing done by Gates and co. For this there should be some restitution made. Exactly what, I don't know.
    Maybe 1000 hours community service to all the masterminds invovled.Picking up trash on the side of the road. Something of a more humiliating nature. You can't hurt him in his pocket book, hurt him in his pride. I'm sure everyone would have more feelings about this if THEIR company was closed down and you lost your job on account of his misdeeds. Put your self in those people's shoes and calculate your reaction.

Ultimate Member

don't make any differance what you think of MS, it still won't change the fact that most pension funds have taken a big nock due to fall in share prices as a result of split up ruling, and with MS going to fight to the bitter end pensions will take evn more of a hammering
    as for split you may as well take MS and put a bullit in it, after all you shoot horses don't you when there crippled.
    WW

I agree with dkozloski.
    Making Windows OS open source was the only punishment that could ever really benefit the consumer and the industry.

U-96

Banned

Lightbulb

In the short run the consumer will probably bear the brunt w/ higher prices (to pay for the lawyers).
    In the long run??? we'll see... it may prove to be good for the consumer. That's what anti-trust laws are about.

Question

Hello,

Wait and see!

Medo