Thread: Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical Mouse $19.95

Ultimate Member

Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical Mouse $19.95

This mouse was the biggest single performance increasing thing I've done.

The "Snap-To" feature in the software setup is neat. It allows the cursor to go to the most likely spot decreasing time needed to click on the next button.

It comes with a USB plug and a PS-2 adaptor.

Intellimouse Intellieye Solid State
    $19.95
    Movement Technology - Optical
    Cable(s) Included - 1 x mouse integrated
    Buttons Qty - 3 / 1 scrolling
    Features - Scrolling wheel
    System Requirements - Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 95/98
    Connectivity Technology - Cable
    Device Type - Mouse external
    Battery - None
    Warranty - 3 years warranty

http://www.us.buy.com/retail/clearan...2770&loc=13926

I can agree about the optical mouse. I had a "no name" one and it became intermittent after 6 months or so. Worked great until then when it started responding to clicks that I never made! It took me quite a while to figure out what was happening with those ghost clicks.

I decided to take advantage of a $10 Microsoft rebate that was being offered and bought a true Microsoft with the additional buttons on the side for 5 buttons. I wondered if I'd really use the side buttons.

I still love the wheel and the ability to go up or down a page at a time and find the BACK and FORWARD buttons on the side are something I USE ALL THE TIME and have a hard time doing without when I use a machine without that feature.

I think the bottom line is that you get what you pay for and perhaps if the mouse gives out the warranty on it will be more than a useless piece of paper as was the case with the noname one I had.

Do consider how much you use the Internet and if the extra buttons will really speed your surfing. I figure the extra cost was well worth it!

Great deal. I ordered two....

J

Ultimate Member
    This is the best mouse out there except for the big MSN EX optical mouse. And it doesnt not ware out like my keyboard- everthing is sealed from dirt and dust except for the top which doesnt matter that much. I tried about six mice to stay with this one- the red eyed monster.