Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Whats the longest you have played one game for continuously??

Cool

You are all computer geeks.

I think the longest I've played any one game (in one sitting) would have to be any of the Monopoly marathons I enjoyed in my pre- & early teens. As I remember, 12-15 hour games was usually par for the course.

And yes I'm talking about a real, physical, (analog) board game. Ya know, with real game pieces you can touch. And real opponents (that you can get highly peturbed with).

After the Monopoly phase, came a few years of World conquest...RISK! I seem to remember some of those games also going 15 or so hours as well.

...hmmm, does "head games" with a girlfriend count?

Talking

Computer games...

hmmmm a choice between...

1)Civilisation on the Amiga (mostly because of the strain of swapping 8 disks) 8-10hr sessions

2)X-Com UFO Enemy Unknown on the PS (all night on several occasions)

I have a job and a girlfriend now, so it's not possible to do that anymore...

Analogue games? well I used to play Warhammer, AD&D and DM Cthulu ("Dead? Oh no, it's much worse than that!"), so that could go on a while, and also used to do historical re-enactment (dressing up as Vikings and hitting etc other with blunt swords...) - we had long weekends of that stuff, for public shows, camping out, drinking, fighting, craft demonstrations, etc... guess it was a kind of game

U-96

Lightbulb

For me it must have been Jurrasic Park on the SNES. You couldn't save it and I had no clue what to do because it was in German. Must have played it for 10 hours straight...

Lightbulb

Must admit, I got a lot of hours out of the 'ol Sega Genesis, around 17,520 total!! The longest I played a game was maybe 6-8 hours, Sonic the Hedgehog ruled!

As far as puter games:
    -Raptor: Call of the Shadows
    -Dynamix (an old one)
    -Tornado (old flight sim)
    -Lemmings (it was addictive, I admit)
    -Solitaire (pathethic playing a card game, but hey, it was also addictive!)
    -Super Munchers (that was an old one, when I was a kid)
    -Doom
    -Indy Car 500 (an old 486 game, I think it only had 16 colors total!)
    -Jeez Ball
    -Ski-Free
    - Dave-Dude
    -Quake 1 (only addictive until I beat the game the first day)

And that about does it, so far...

-jd-

PS. ALso, if only there was an easier way to play games on the puter laying down (facing up). If I had enough $$$ I'd get
    -(VR)-, that'd be sweeet

Lightbulb

I don't know the exact times on any of these, but here are some of the ones I used to constantly play.

Megatraveller 1&2. Anybody remember these?
    Star Control 2. Another oldie but goodie.
    Total Annihilation of course.
    Homeworld more recently.
    Outpost a while back.
    Phantasmagoria. Anyone remember it?
    All of the ***** Quest Games from Sierra.
    Doom 1&2 once I finally had a computer that could handle them.
    Baldur's Gate recently.
    NFS series.
    Quake 1-3

I'm sure there's others I don't remember.

Lightbulb

Yea Jurassic Park on SNES--20 hrs.No way to save so you had to keep playing til you won,which I couldn't do.I think the cartridge had a flaw,I got to the raptor eggs and tried everything and couldn't kill them---aaarrgghh!

Lightbulb

gauntlet on my trusty old speccy with the addon pack tape!!!!
    long time ago
    24hrs+ me and a mate took over a week to recover
    ah! those were the days
    alan

Cool

Try 14 hours of multiplayer half-life during the millenium new year...when you're drunk you actually think you're some dude going around, jumping and killing. It hurt at 3:00 the next afternoon when I woke up though!

Ultimate Member

Smile

The longest game I played for is UT, I played it for 7 hours. The second would be Final Fanatasy VII I played it about 5 hours.

Cool

Ive played UT on friday for like 9 hours straight. The longest i have to say up to date was when i was majorly involved with Rainbow6.... I remember one friday starting at 9PM and going to be on saturday at 4PM.

I took a break at 12 to go and wash my face, **** was that silly. As soon as i went back to the chair i got another 4 hour boost.

BTW< I recommend everyone on this forum to get Soldiers of Fortune if you havent. Talk about exitment.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Unreal - 9 hours at a LAN party. Ok, so we couldn't get the networking going.

UT - 5 hours

Doom - 12 hours at least

Smile

Any one remember the MegaTraveller CRPG games by Paragon software before they went bankrupt about 8 years ago?? I played MT2 for aroung 8 hours one saturday... I remember starting at around 8 AM and checking my watch a "few" minutes later.. it was like 3 PM.. and I played till around 8PM (or later).. and about the food... hey who need's food when you have a 486 33 with 256 color's and you are like 12 or 13... it took me over a year playing like that a lot to beat that game.. the hardest sense Sierra's Gold Rush way way way back in the 80's... space quest 5 and KQ5 all took about 3 weeks part time... they were sssooo cheasy....

Cool

I'm kinda surprised that no one has mentioned Thief up to this point. I loved that game!

When I first got it...there were quite a few nights where I played *ALL* night. No lights on in the room and playing with the headphones on. And on certain levels, that setting really pulled you into the game!

For those of you that have played Thief before...I'm sure you'll agree that the first time you encountered a spider (which are about the size of a small dog, lol) and heard them *HISSSSSSS* and then the clicking of their legs as they come after you...I think that was the first time I was actually *scared* by a game.

Now that Thief II is out...I'm sure that I'll be losing more sleep again. heh heh..

Gouki-

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Friday I played Armada.... started at 10 p.m.

Finished playing at 2:00 the next afternoon.

Two bathroom breaks.

Lightbulb

Im not a real big FPS player.. <SOF, Quake III, UT, etc.. I mostly like Racing games and I tolerate a few sports games. I Played need for speed III for about 4 hours straight the day I first got it. I still play need for speed I II se, and III, but having been playing 4 and 5 alot more!

Change is bad!

XT :-)