Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the longest you have played one game for continuously??

Ultimate Member

Question Whats the longest you have played one game for continuously??

For me it would be starcraft back at Georgia Tech, we would play 8 way matches in the dorms for 20 straight hours sometimes. talk about geeks.

Incidentaly, I got Everquest back in the beginning of february, I have played it for a total of 4 days, 4 hours and 32 minutes in real time. Wow. When you put it that way, its kinda scary what I give my time to.

Lightbulb

Games are fun...but food is better.

The longest I've had a game running would be about 8 hours....civ2.

After that long I start getting restless and have to do something, anything else....like eat.

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Hmmm... Back a few years ago, Aces over Europe, from Dynamix. Awesome game back then. Played it for 10 hours every saturday for a month, played it a lot for 6 months. Awesome game....

Do you need an emulator or something to get older comp games to work on new systems?

Lightbulb

I played Aces over the Pacific a LOT. That was an amazeing game back then.

About that emulator, if you're talking about how some old games run too fast...I once had a program that would effectively lower the speed of your cpu. I belive it was called "cpu kill" or something like that. Ha, I had to use it for space quest 6...there was a point in the game where it would crash because the cpu did something too fast.

Lightbulb

Panzer General, 14 hours straight once. That's when I was in between semesters with no job. (My girlfriend -now wife- was none too pleased!)

[This message has been edited by aleader (edited 03-20-2000).]

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Seti: Yeah man, I remember AOP... got it after AOE, wouldn't run on anything besides my 486 33mhz gateway. Ha, even then I had to make a bootdisk for it...

Cool

hi
    the longest i've played a game was c&ced alert , i played it for 7 hours straight.

Cool

Used stay up all night every weekend when I was 12 to play Wizardry on my apple2c compatible laser computer (too bad I sold it). Start after dinner (7:00PM); fall asleep in the morning (7:00AM). Every weekend. What else you got to do when your 12?

Lightbulb

Doom 2, 20 minutes sessions thru each level.. what an overnighter that was..

Lightbulb

i played ut for 6 hours staright then i was too stiif to move, and my eyes hurt they were watering a lot too... perhaps if I had a better chair and video card / monitor combo I could play for longer...

mnx

Lightbulb

Probably one of the old Forgotten Realms series (most likely Pool Of Radiance), on a C64 at the time. In the summer as a kid it was too easy to fire it up first thing in the morning and play it until dinner...

Joel Kleppinger

Lightbulb

Continuously would probably go to Need For Speed High Stakes. I know I played it for 7 straight hours the first time, and I think there were a few days I played it for 10+. There was no game like that one. Thankfully, that only lasted a month...

I think the game I've played the most is an old EGA/VGA 5-on-5 basketball game - Magic Johnson's MVP. It was a blast on my VGA 386. I probably played 20-30 10-15 game seasons plus 5 game tournaments for every season (I was undefeated for 11 straight seasons once, including tournaments).

Mntsnow

Lightbulb

LOL Joel A few nights ago my wifem daughter and I got to playing NSF III and played for almost 3 hours straight over the network. (only quit because it was WAY past our daughters bedtime when I finally checked the time!)

But back to the topic of the tread..For me personally it was about 6-7 hours of MechWarrior.

Mntsnow

Lightbulb

i think one weekend i played TFC for 8-10 hours or so..and i only stopped cuz i got this strange blind spot right where my sniping laser usually paints. I ended up having a migrane an hour later, which lasted for the rest of the day..
    People...GOTTA take breaks. I had a couple 10 hours sessions of Civ2, and SimCity2000, but niether of them were action, so no probs really.

Banned

Lightbulb

i played the sims for what felt was half an hour, but in reality, i was playing that piece of **** for 6 hours, didn't notice until my bedsores started to swell, ACK!